Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Chevy Camaro Sales Decrease 15.8 Percent To 14448 Units In Q3 2018 - CamaroNews.com

In the United States, Chevrolet Camaro deliveries totaled 14,448 units in Q3 2018, a decrease of about 16 percent compared to 17,160 units sold in Q3 2017.

In the first nine months of the year, Camaro sales decreased about 26 percent to 39,828 units.

The Camaro’s 15.8 percent Q3 sales drop in the United States kept it in third and last place in its direct competitive set in terms of overall monthly sales volume. By comparison, Ford Mustang sales increased 9 percent to 19,191 units, keeping it in first place by sales volume, and Dodge Challenger sales decreased 8.68 percent to 14,946 units. As such, not only did the Camaro post the highest decrease among its two direct pony car rivals, but it was also handily outsold by the Mustang and Challenger.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The car is overpriced and sucks to drive daily. I'm not surprised. GM fixed the weight and performance aspect then made it suck to live with. It's not a Vette, they need to sell base models to justify the ZL1 and 1LE's. No one wants a cramped interior, no trunk and terrible sight lines in a daily driver. I also think they fucked up not making the 6th gen look significantly different from the 5th gen.

GM is making the same mistake they did with the 4th gen.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
:bowrofl:

Behold the Doomed Camaros replacement..........

https://jalopnik.com/chevy-is-blazin-something-if-its-asking-up-to-49-000-f-1829781129

Chevy is asking 49k for the bloated lifted AWD 4 door camaro.

Geezus as the article said GM must be blazin something.

49k for a fucking wimpy CUV!

:gtfoslap:
Wtf are you talking about, you just posted an SUV and compared it to a sports car.

I still think the SS 1LE and the ZL1 are the best performance cars in their price range (by far), but I agree that camaro interiors suck and the 2019's are ugly AF. I haven't sat in a newer one so I can't speak to the sight lines, but they were definitely terrible in the 5th gen cars. 5th gen interior was also gag worthy, that's gotten slightly better since '16 but it's still not great.

I'd really hate to see the camaro disappear again.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I love the ZL1, but for a little bit more $, why not get a Corvette.

Or...

Buy a big ass Hellcat boat

The only vette that compares to the zl1 is the z06, which is $20k or 33% more expensive. Not exactly a "little bit" more.

Not to mention vettes depreciate TERRIBLY

Agree hellcat is sick, but it's just a straight line car compared to the zl1 which can do it all

Can you guys tell I love the SS 1le and the zl1? Lol

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Wtf are you talking about, you just posted an SUV and compared it to a sports car.

I still think the SS 1LE and the ZL1 are the best performance cars in their price range (by far), but I agree that camaro interiors suck and the 2019's are ugly AF. I haven't sat in a newer one so I can't speak to the sight lines, but they were definitely terrible in the 5th gen cars. 5th gen interior was also gag worthy, that's gotten slightly better since '16 but it's still not great.

I'd really hate to see the camaro disappear again.

Pssst. I was kidding as in Haha. Sorry I forgot to use the :s00ls: icon to denote sarcasm.

:picard:

Why so serious?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:bowrofl:

Behold the Doomed Camaros replacement..........

https://jalopnik.com/chevy-is-blazin-something-if-its-asking-up-to-49-000-f-1829781129

Geezus as the article said GM must be blazin something.

49k for a fucking wimpy CUV!

:gtfoslap:
did you actually read the article?

i know you didn't but, did you? :rofl:

fuck man :rofl:

We know. You have Camaro dreams but face a reality of parenthood, where cars with two doors and sporty rooflines can be a detriment to loading up the kids. Chevy came to the rescue by blowing the Camaro’s exterior up like a balloon and into the 2019 Blazer, but it’ll cost you: This thing apparently tops out at $49,000.

Blazer, huh? I’d say someone was blazed when they came up with that price tag.

This is according to a report from Cars Direct, which basically said the new Blazer’s $29,995 entry price is no more than a facade for what’s really in store: a pricey crossover that looks like a sports car in a market already saturated with, but unable to satiate the need for, crossovers.

Chevy’s only officially announced the $29,995 base MSRP so far, but Cars Direct summed that base price up as “likely intended mainly for advertising purposes” and said the rest of the Blazer lineup will be “considerably more expensive than competitors.”

i'm pretty sure you could make an edge 50k.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
fifty fucking two thousand dollar turdbox ford edge.

K

jM0vQh9.png

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
did you actually read the article?

i know you didn't but, did you? :rofl:

fuck man :rofl:

i'm pretty sure you could make an edge 50k.

Look guy where did I say....

A. started at 49k? As you appear to be assuming.

Or

B. that an Edge could not reach 50k?

The post was a joke in the 1st place because it looks like a bloated lifted AWD 4 door Camaro whatever something something.

Chill spaz it was a joke.

Run along........

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Look guy where did I say....

A. started at 49k? As you appear to be assuming.

Or

B. that an Edge could not reach 50k?

The post was a joke in the 1st place because it looks like a bloated lifted AWD 4 door Camaro whatever something something.

Chill spaz it was a joke.

Run along........

:rofl:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/10...t-expensive-model-will-cost-nearly-50000/amp/

2019 Blazer Pricing: Most Expensive Model Will Cost Nearly $50,000

2019 Chevrolet Blazer Premier Exterior - front three quarters zoom

Last month, we learned the 2019 Blazer pricing model will start at $29,995, which undercuts key competitors such as the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano. However, full pricing analysis from Cars Direct, published on Friday, showed the Blazer will be more expensive in volume-selling trims. And the most expensive models nearly clip $50,000.

Stepping up from the $29,995 Blazer, which nets buyers a base-model L trim, the Blazer 1LT trim will start at $33,495, including destination. The price tag makes the Blazer $1,700 more expensive than a comparable Nissan Murano and $2,505 more than the Ford Edge SE. Those shopping a crossover with V6 power will also find the Murano offers the engine standard, while the Blazer 2LT provides access to the 3.6-liter V6 engine option. Prices start at $34,495 for the trim.

2019 Chevrolet Blazer LT AWD red exterior - testing - night - July 2018 - 002

All Blazers will come standard with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 193 horsepower and 188 pound-feet of torque. The rival Edge comes with a standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 250 hp, and the Murano’s standard V6 provides 260 hp.

Even all-wheel drive will cost Blazer buyers more. Shopper will have to select the Blazer 2LT trim to add AWD for an extra $2,700 over the $34,495 base price. Again, rivals come off as a value proposition; the Edge and Murano offer AWD on their least expensive trim levels for an extra $1,995 and $1,600, respectively.

2019 Chevrolet Blazer Premier AWD (7)

2019 Blazer pricing sees the sporty RS model starting at $41,795, and the trim unlocks access to Chevrolet’s active safety systems. Buyers can add the Enhanced Convenience and Driver Confidence II Package, a $3,575 option. Somewhat disappointingly, automatic emergency braking isn’t available until buyers glance at the range-topping Premier trim.

The Premier will start at $43,895. Is the active safety technology standard? No. Instead, buyers must add the Driver Confidence II Package, which costs an extra $2,165. For buyers that place active safety systems high on their priority list, the least expensive way to drive away with the Blazer boasting the tech is $46,060 with front-wheel drive and $48,960 for AWD models, just shy of $50,000 before tax and other fees.

2019 Chevrolet Blazer Premier interior - live reveal 001 cockpit

This is a good time to remind shoppers both Ford and Nissan offer the technology in their cheapest trims. All Muranos feature automatic emergency braking, while Ford’s Co-Pilot 360 bundles auto emergency braking and other active safety features as standard.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
The car is overpriced and sucks to drive daily. I'm not surprised. GM fixed the weight and performance aspect then made it suck to live with. It's not a Vette, they need to sell base models to justify the ZL1 and 1LE's. No one wants a cramped interior, no trunk and terrible sight lines in a daily driver. I also think they fucked up not making the 6th gen look significantly different from the 5th gen.

GM is making the same mistake they did with the 4th gen.

Spot on, it is a Heap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info