Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm sure all 15 owners will be excited.

Despite several rumors about its demise, Chevrolet refuses to confirm nor deny anything about the Camaro, but it sure is giving the muscle car a heck of a swan song.

In our previous report about the Corvette C8's pricing in Australia, Wheels discussed a tiny bit of news about the Camaro at the latter end of the story. The other go-fast Chevy is said to have been given two more years in its life, with the retirement moved from 2024 to 2026.

The Chevrolet Camaro is currently in a tight spot right now in the U.S. market. It isn't really selling well for quite a few years now, always falling behind the Ford Mustang. This year, Chevy only moved 22,226 examples during the third quarter of 2020. Compared to the same period in 2019, that represents a 39.6 percent decline. In comparison, the Mustang sold twice that number during those three months of this slow, dreaded year.

As such, we aren't really surprised to hear that Chevy is on the verge of axing the nameplate in a few years without any concrete replacement to follow. Those rumors have been out since 2019, but the Golden Bow Tie isn't letting go just yet with several updates here and there.

The report from Australia's Wheels shines a tiny ray of hope for Camaro fans – at least in the Land Down Under. It is returning under GM Special Vehicles (GMSV) in both SS and ZL1 flavor as early as 2021, and the publication seems to be positive about its return moving forward with the muscle car's participation in Supercars Championship in 2022.

Take this with a healthy dash of skepticism, though. As I've said, Chevy isn't confirming nor denying anything, but we sure do hope it keeps the nameplate intact within this decade, at least – before the EV takeover.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
The 5th gens were kinda cool when they first came out, but they aged poorly. The sixth gen looked fine until that heinous face-lift. ?

As a GM guy I have not gotten excited about any type of Camaro produced since the 4th gen was discontinued. They always looked like they were trying too hard to pay homage to the 1st gen when they should have just done a fresh design. Maybe a moderinzed 2nd gen would have worked better. At least it had a more aerodynamic profile. I'm not shocked at all because GM will always be GM. Given the big market for crossovers and GM already having two performance two-door cars, this seems like a worthless move. I only see face lifted 6th gens at the local dealers.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
u
The 5th gens were kinda cool when they first came out, but they aged poorly. The sixth gen looked fine until that heinous face-lift. ?

As a GM guy I have not gotten excited about any type of Camaro produced since the 4th gen was discontinued. They always looked like they were trying too hard to pay homage to the 1st gen when they should have just done a fresh design. Maybe a moderinzed 2nd gen would have worked better. At least it had a more aerodynamic profile. I'm not shocked at all because GM will always be GM. Given the big market for crossovers and GM already having two performance two-door cars, this seems like a worthless move. I only see face lifted 6th gens at the local dealers.

i would rock the absolute FUCK out of a fifth gen, especially a 1LE or more importantly a Z28.

funnier still, i think fifth gen z28s have appreciated from what they were being sold for new :rofl:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

Someone posted a "car fan art" thread for lack of the actual name and they did a third gen as a late model Camaro. The fronts always made them look like they were trying too hard to me and the rears always made me wonder what the hell they were thinking. Standardizing front end looks on a marque is something that marketing wanks come up with and is probably also to blame. I realize it has its place but there needs to be leeway as you don't want your Camaro looking like a tarted up Cruze or Impala or vice versa.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It’s also how live-able the car is. The Camaro is a pain in the ass with it’s tiny trunk opening, high door sills and mail slot windows that cause massive blindspots. The 5th gen was bad but the 6th gen is down right laughable. I was an “f-body”/camaro guy for years and have no desire to ever own a 6th gen.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I've daily driven my 2010 Camaro SS which I got used in 2013. Looks wise they hold up great...

I'm tempted to get a 6th gen and mod it....

72826613_10220716594693440_3091943043675193344_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info