CALLING DR PANDA & TOMMYGLOVES - STEP INSIDE

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So yea. Panda was helping me a couple weeks ago @ Lukes to get my PCM to a place where I could write to it with HPTuners.

We put DD's DHP tuner on it and wrote some supposedly "stock" file to the PCM... and it still ran... but it I still can't program it.

I need someone with the knowledge it takes to get me back to a proper stock tune so I can get my PCM tuned. I logged some the other day and from stand still I'm getting knock @ WOT. :(

Who can help?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think the problem is the OS the PCM currently has. Maybe the physical PCM has a OS then a flash (whatever you want to call it) that you could write with a tuner? I wrote another file to it and programed vin number and something is still wrong and HPT wont register the file. Maybe that actual PCM is not for the right year car or something. Something is fishy about the PCM even before I fucked with it because HPT couldn't license the ZZP PCM file either.

Tommy is really good with PCM related stuff and has a off-board reader. If you wanted to cruise down to our area im sure we could help you out.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
FYI: Tommy, I tried to read the PCM with HPT and it gave a error and wouldn't read it as if it was locked or something. I rewrote his PCM with the stock 99 file you had, and programed in his VIN with PT. This worked perfectly. HPT can now read but still wont license the file and gives a error.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So did you buy the credits to tune the gtp? Sorry it's been a few years since I've used hpt. You could always go to hpt and see if they can fix it for you. They are right by my work in buffalo grove off lake cook and roughly Milwaukee.

I own a bunch of GM licenses, so buying licenses isn't a problem. I emailed tech support @ HPT and they basically told me they couldn't help me and that I'd have to find a Tech II to reprogram it.

I know KJ had the same problem. I'm pretty sure he ended up having to get a Tech II reflash done...

Yea... see above. No way I'm paying 1/hr dealer labor to flash my F'ing PCM.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
FYI: Tommy, I tried to read the PCM with HPT and it gave a error and wouldn't read it as if it was locked or something. I rewrote his PCM with the stock 99 file you had, and programed in his VIN with PT. This worked perfectly. HPT can now read but still wont license the file and gives a error.

I'd be down for that. Wed or Thurs evening available? I'll already be in that neck of the woods too. :hsugh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info