• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Calling all guys with fast Naturally Aspirated 4.6 Mustangs...

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Like I mentioned, CMC is the most likely place to find the type of car you're looking for locally I would think. Not sure if Slow4.6 still has his car, but I believe he does since I've seen him discussing grudge racing on this site recently.

P.S. - This is the quickest car on CMC's list that meets your conditions:

Mach1Mike - 11.61 @ 116 (1.48) 2003 Mach 1, I, 5 Spd

For a car with bolt ons and just a ported intake it runs very strong. We later found out that pass was with a intake that had cracked welds on it. And he has lightened it up more as well.

He plans to shed some more weight, add cams and maybe a face plated trans to get into the 10s.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
For a car with bolt ons and just a ported intake it runs very strong. We later found out that pass was with a intake that had cracked welds on it. And he has lightened it up more as well.

Not making fun of anyone's misfortune, but I had to chuckle at this when remembering that quote from the Fast and the Furious about "blowing the welds on the intake". lol

Slow 4.6 has a 3v in his 96 that went low 12s with a completely stock 05gt motor. And now he had mods :) I know he will race. PM him

Or we could race him with my girlfriends heads/cam 2000gt and really embarrass him with her driving too hahahahahaha

I might try to take you up on both suggestions.

I believe you gotta be n/a to run this goat dont you? How would i accomplish that spraying my car? Stock block on the 3v would be pointless to spray

Wait what? The 3v's can take a shot of nitrous in stock form. Besides, that's the nice thing about nitrous is that once you turn the master arm switch off it is just a regular N/A vehicle with slightly colder than needed plugs; unless you had specific cams cut to take extra advantage of the spray which most do not.

Why is that:dunno: Plenty of people spray 3V's.

This. :smile:

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Wait what? The 3v's can take a shot of nitrous in stock form. Besides, that's the nice thing about nitrous is that once you turn the master arm switch off it is just a regular N/A vehicle with slightly colder than needed plugs; unless you had specific cams cut to take extra advantage of the spray which most do not.

I guess im just playing it safe then...the miles are getting kinda high

slow4.6

TCG Elite Member
Mar 20, 2006
I sent him a message on FB so I will have to wait and see what his response is.

Do you still have the 2v GT with the Logan intake on it? That was your 96 right?

yes I still have that car.and that wouldnt even be a race for the little 2v. sold the intake.. the car will be getting a 3v engine setup or might be running coyote factory stock class with it

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

They can't even handle a 100 shot without going over the supposed power "limit" of the engine. Spraying less than 100 is an enormous waste of time.

slow4.6

TCG Elite Member
Mar 20, 2006
They can't even handle a 100 shot without going over the supposed power "limit" of the engine. Spraying less than 100 is an enormous waste of time.

the stock bottom end can handle 450 hp.. over reving is what kills the 3v.. the rods cant handle 450 very long

i know a couple of guys spraying the stock 3v.. 100 and even 125 shot and still running them hard..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info