Caliper Painter

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Looking to find someone who paints calipers close by the Naperville area. This would preferably be a side job and not through a shop due to limited budget. I would attempt it myself but I don't have the space or tools.

Please let me know, thanks.

You mean like brake calipers?

I'd look into powder coating them before painting. Way more durable.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

I've had really good luck with G2 caliper paint. I painted the calipers on my girlfriend's car two years ago and they still look good. She doesn't wash her car ever, but the calipers still clean up nicely whenever I wash the car for her. No flaking or chipping. Much better than the duplicolor junk. The G2 paint is like a hard epoxy coating.

I'd offer to help, but I barely have any free time lately to work on my own cars.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
^^^^ Same boat. I've done many cars with G2 and have all of the tools, garage, etc.

Between working full time, doing some side work and trying to maintain and slowly upgrade the house, my little time left goes to the wife and basically drinking.

Good low-cost option is to rent a car jack, pair of jacks stands and a basic socket set from autozone and knock this out in the driveway if possible.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Just not always feasible.... I'm going to be trying the G2 paint on my calipers after the vendor of the forum quoted me six hundred bucks, plus I had to disassemble and reassemble the calipers.

Plus it was a two week lead time for the work.

The G2 setup can be done with the calipers on the car. I paid $100 for the paint and it's supposed to be custom matched to my car since I got them to paint code for it. I think their normal colors are only $50....

I'm waiting on some pics of the calipers

K, here's a couple. I got the other side too but the way sun was shining down made the pics too dark.

Hope this helps.

1z23kaf.jpg

14sk38w.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info