giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I must be the only one that thinks highlighting teeny tiny OE calipers doesn't make any sense. The only color to paint underwhelming factory calipers would be black

my truck's factory colors are silver.

but i want this:

1590601679867.png

but fuck off to paying for it.

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
. Do you have any idea how big SHO calipers are.
Fronts are big, but relative to the size of the hyoooge car they aren't that big. I was mostly referring to some of the pics on the prior page though

I'm just saying if I'm going to make the calipers the first thing you see, they're going to be giant ass brembos on a vehicle that can use them, not no-name factory stuff

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Fronts are big, but relative to the size of the hyoooge car they aren't that big. I was mostly referring to some of the pics on the prior page though

I'm just saying if I'm going to make the calipers the first thing you see, they're going to be giant ass brembos on a vehicle that can use them, not no-name factory stuff

In my case, the brakes are upgrades, and I figured $120 to clean them up before they got installed made sense....

Would I rather have these:
1590602821051.png

Absolutely. But $4,000 all around for brakes right now isn't really in the cards, the upgraded 2004 Cobra brakes all around to slow down a car thats a ton lighter will work for now at least.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

I tried to paint my Flex's black, just so I didn't get the rusty shitty finish after a few thousand miles.

I used some sort of Rustoleum or other name brand spray...worked like shit, brush on would've probably been much much better.

Also my tiny GTI calipers come painted red from the factory...it's gaudy and stupid IMO....even worse is that the performance pack brakes have a "GTI" logo on their calipers, which further promotes that I didn't get the performance pack :fu:

• Haha

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Prep them well (wire cup brush and paint thinner to clean) and G2 is the best option. Not prepping is the ONLY reason it won’t look good. I’ve done spray paints with good results, but be prepared to clean off overspray if you rattle can anywhere near a car

Yep, I pretty much took mine down to bare metal w/ wire wheels. Was a lotta work, but the payoff was worth it.

leu8dEe.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I was mostly referring to some of the pics on the prior page though

My take: Just like painted finger and toenails on a woman, they likely aren't the first thing you see, but rather a highlight that you happen to notice. But then again, I don't get the point of ponying up for big brake kit just for looks or to flex "I got Brembos, bro" unless a car is going to see track duty or regular situations where brake fade would enter into the equation. :)

Might as well just do this if your going to paint and not powdercoat tiny calipers

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Please don’t paint calipers on a Taurus

Why not? It looks better than seeing some discolored, corroded calipers through the wheels. Black, grey, or silver doesn't draw much attention. Basically just makes the calipers look like new. Caliper covers look tacky and out of place on anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info