• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

California, divide by 3

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Been out of town a while down in Texas. Damn nice to be in a red state.

Can't believe we don't have a thread on this yet.

There is actually a motion on the ballot in California to divide the state into 3 states.

<snip>
A bizarre and controversial plan to split California into three states has qualified for the November ballot, and if approved by the voters would begin the process to permanently change the U.S. Congress.
<snip>

Whole story -
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/06/12/theres-a-bizarre-plan-to-split-california-and-it-just-qualified-for-the-ballot

While I believe California has indeed three distinct very different sections, North, South, and Central, I am not sure I want to see 4 more Nancy Pelosi's in the Senate, among a bunch of other misgivings.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I don't blame them. There is a lot of good folks in CA that get completely screwed by the liberal whack jobs running the state.

Kind of like IL...

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't blame them. There is a lot of good folks in CA that get completely screwed by the liberal whack jobs running the state.

Kind of like IL...

Unfortunately, the divides would leave San Francisco as the capital of NorCal, LA as California, and San Diego as SoCal so you would still likely end up with essentially three deep blue states instead of one, with more blue representatives in congress.

Would we need to add more stars to the flag then too?

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
What a cluster fuck....

Divide Indiana into 4 so we could have 4 more reds to counteract the new blue

DirtyDan10

Reaction score
Only two things in california fags and jews, don’t care.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm no Jesus Christ but fuck

lastls1

Reaction score
I would be totally fine with dividing Illinois into 2 states. (Chicago and the rest of us)

They can keep their crazy taxes and corruption and let the rest of us live

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
Leave California the way it is. There is no need to split that up.
Now Chicago splitting off from the rest of IL would be a grand idea.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the divides would leave San Francisco as the capital of NorCal, LA as California, and San Diego as SoCal so you would still likely end up with essentially three deep blue states instead of one, with more blue representatives in congress.

This exactly. As much as we'd love to dream of NorCal being free of SoCal's blatant bias and problems, this is a level of gerrymandering never seen before.

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't the federal government have to approve that? i am pretty sure trump would say FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK NO

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I was all for it until I read yesterday they made sure to design it so all 3 were still liberal leech majority :(

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Wouldn't the federal government have to approve that? i am pretty sure trump would say FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK NO
This. They can do all the shit they want, but then it goes to a Federal review process and I believe I've read in the past that they pan it every time it comes through.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would be totally fine with dividing Illinois into 2 states. (Chicago and the rest of us)

They can keep their crazy taxes and corruption and let the rest of us live
Or at the very least, make Chicago its own county, Cook really should be 3 counties.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Welp, this thread went exactly how I expected it would.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Welp, this thread went exactly how I expected it would.

Aside from one ridiculous post, which [MENTION=738]cacicgtp7[/MENTION] addressed almost immediately, the majority of the posts are constructive... :dunno:

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Aside from one ridiculous post, which [MENTION=738]cacicgtp7[/MENTION] addressed almost immediately, the majority of the posts are constructive... :dunno:
I don't know man. :rofl: You consider this constructive?

Only two things in california fags and jews, don’t care.
:rofl:

And Hollywood is like a Cult. A lot of those fucks are into Scientology
I was all for it until I read yesterday they made sure to design it so all 3 were still liberal leech majority :(

You forgot the Hollywood wack jobs.....

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't know man. :rofl: You consider this constructive?
Okay, so maybe my use of "majority" was a little off... :bowrofl:

I mean I expected mister dot space post space dot to type some leech comment because that's all he posts in every thread.

As for the other ones, a lot of people are tired of Hollywood and them talking down to those in flyover country. Of course there's going to be some tension there.

You're from there, instead of just saying this is how you expected them to respond you give us some thoughts or insight about the proposal. I hear it has like 17% support currently, do you see it going anywhere? Do you hear about it at all out there?

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
They've been proposing this in some form for decades. Things are so polarized and wacky these days that nothing would surprise me.

I will concede that coastal cities (Hollywood included but certainly not just Hollywood) generally do look down on the midwest/ south but you have to realize that if you zoom out the lens, there's a lot of fucked up, absurd shit coming from those parts of the country. I'm not saying that those areas are largely represented by stupid people or that everyone that lives there is an ignorant racist because that's for sure not the case but I am saying that simply due to socioeconomic issues (cost of living, education, trade, etc) you are statistically more likely to hear some straight up ignorant, hateful or racist bullshit coming from these parts of the country than you are from say, New York or San Diego.

But the irony is that people are often ignorant to their own ignorance which makes them easy to pander to which is why we're in the political climate we are.

See, aren't you sorry you asked! :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
So... You're saying Hollywood people AREN'T "wack jobs?"

:wall:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom