Cadillac DeVille Performance Sedan

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Didn’t Sprayin Sprayin have a brother that had something like this?
He had a few STS Caddys. The early ones were FWD, but his 07 was AWD. They were quick for what they were, but definitely not worth talking about as a performance car.

The Northstar is probably the biggest pile of shit engine ever made, I'm surprised there are still some of them together.

Also, why does the dude in the video talk like that? Hard to watch.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

Any of you guys remember this from back in the day?

Also, it's funny to think that after they stopped making the giant iron lump V8s that were 400+ CID they made a whole series of turds pretty much. The 8-6-4, the 4100, the Northstar etc. It was probably sensical of them to take an LS and jam it in their cars truthfully. With the new 'vette V8 being what it is you may see one of those show up at some point though.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
My dad had a 2001 deville that he bought new. Thing was a piece of shit and soured me on cadillac pretty bad. Burned oil like crazy, got one new engine under warranty, within 20-30k miles that one started consuming heavy oil etc. It was kinda cool how quick it was for a heavy fwd car though

He held on to until something like 170k miles then sold it for pennies. Was basically this exact same car

44_main_f.jpg

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Tim Allen also was championing a performance model of the v6 2004 cts before the V came out. A few guys in the CTS car club had the headers that were left over and there was an article about a supercharger package. The rumor was that Tim really liked the cts. So he and some companies he was working with put together some parts and then GM launched the cts-V with the ls6 and then ls2 the next year and pretty much killed that dream.
after some googling I found one of the test cars
I guess the company was called Time Allen Design (TAD)
a snip from an article:
The TAD CTS "will be very carefully positioned," Beitzel said, a bit below Cadillac's V-series CTS and above the sport version of CTS. [...] The car features Brembo brakes, a spoiler, 18-inch wheels and tires and a new exhaust system. It is powered by a modified 3.6-liter, double overhead cam V-6 engine capable of making more than 400 horsepower and peak torque of 402 pounds-feet at 3,400 rpm.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
My dad had a 2001 deville that he bought new. Thing was a piece of shit and soured me on cadillac pretty bad. Burned oil like crazy, got one new engine under warranty, within 20-30k miles that one started consuming heavy oil etc. It was kinda cool how quick it was for a heavy fwd car though

He held on to until something like 170k miles then sold it for pennies. Was basically this exact same car

44_main_f.jpg
My brother's did too. Until we introduced at lot of [cylinder pressure]. Not sure what happened but consumed a lot less oil when it was on the gun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info