đź“° Auto News Cadillac CT4-V And CT5-V Blackwing Info Leaks, Reveal Details Coming Jan 7

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Lots of fresh rumors abound in the sports sedan segment today, specifically regarding Cadillac's new Blackwing offerings. It appears order guides for both the CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing made a brief appearance online, further confirming much of what we already suspected. In addition, a fresh rumor says the camouflage wrap will finally be lifted for an official debut on February 1.

Cadillac couldn't confirm any of the chatter thus far, but in an email to Motor1.com, a Cadillac representative did say a formal announcement on the V-Series Blackwing reveal was coming on Thursday, January 7. We will of course have full coverage of that announcement when it happens.

In the meantime, these rumors are backed with some credibility. We'll start with the order guides, which were first reported at AutoVerdict. The guides were allegedly published on GM's fleet order website but have since been removed. Motor1.com wasn't able to verify this, but we have seen similar goofs from GM on past vehicle launches through this site. It's certainly in the realm of possibility, and the leaked information isn't out-of-line from what we've heard on the Blackwing models thus far.

In short, the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 is listed as the engine for the CT5-V Blackwing, with the CT4-V Blackwing getting the twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6. These are essentially the same engines that powered Caddy's previous-generation super sedans, though new horsepower figures weren't mentioned. The order guide reportedly said the CT5-V would be Cadillac's highest-horsepower vehicle ever offered. If true, it means more than 640 hp (471 kilowatts) under the hood. Considering the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 already has the same engine making 650 hp (478 kW), there's little reason to doubt the claim.

As for the CT4-V Blackwing, the order guide claims a 0-60 time of 3.8 seconds and a top speed of 189 mph. In the old ATS-V, the engine was good for 464 hp (341 kW) so the new Blackwing should have at least that much, if not a touch more to achieve these performance stats. In other areas, both cars will reportedly have standard-issue Brembo brakes, upgraded FE4 suspension, an electronic limited-slip differential with a diff cooler, and launch control. The CT5-V Blackwing also has optional carbon fiber exterior bits and ceramic brakes. A 0-60 time of 3.7 seconds is claimed for the bigger Blackwing, with a top speed of 200 mph.

For now, this information is unconfirmed but we may not have long before the truth is revealed. Cadillac Society cites anonymous sources as stating Cadillac will reveal both sedans on February 1, just under a month as of this article posting. Recent teasers from the automaker support a reveal sooner rather than later, as do spy photos showing test cars with little camouflage. If it doesn't happen on February 1, it's probably not far beyond.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

If you're among those who have been waiting for the Cadillac Blackwing models, you need to pay attention. In an exclusive report by the GM Authority, the pre-order for both sedans will be limited to just 500 examples. Worse, that number is evenly split between the two.

That means, only 250 units of the 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and another 250 units for the bigger 2022 CT5-V Blackwing will be accommodated for preordered during the launch event. According to the publication, Cadillac dealers will be able to order more for both models once all the pre-orders have been spoken for.

To stir the anticipation further, Cadillac said that race fans will get a sneak peek of the new Blackwings during the Rolex 24 at Daytona endurance race on January 30. The automaker, however, didn't disclose how and where exactly will the preview happen, but it should offer more than the previous Cadillac teaser.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I'll wait until they're 3 years old coming off of lease and pick one for a song.

Was searching for CT6-V's the other day (with the actual "Blackwing V8") and found one used with 10k on it for $65k. ~1.5 years ago, that was north of $100k...
Good luck. Cadillac performance models have traditionally held value really well. I went with my m3 because it was cheaper than a ctsV and ATSv

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Good luck. Cadillac performance models have traditionally held value really well. I went with my m3 because it was cheaper than a ctsV and ATSv

How do you think I got my V?

Again, that CT6-V, which only 275 are made, was just over $100k new (it was discounted to $96.7k :D ). This is the one I checked out back in July. 6 months later, a used one I saw at Sewell in Dallas, with 10k on it, and it's $65k. That one has sold evidently. But they have one with 14k on it for $77k.

20200724_162229.jpg

Reactions: m_dogg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
How do you think I got my V?

Again, that CT6-V, which only 275 are made, was just over $100k new (it was discounted to $96.7k :D ). This is the one I checked out back in July. 6 months later, a used one I saw at Sewell in Dallas, with 10k on it, and it's $65k. That one has sold evidently. But they have one with 14k on it for $77k.

View attachment 78417

What year is your V ?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Reactions: Yaj Yak and Outlaw
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info