C7 Corvette | Xpel Ultimate | Modesta | Chicago Auto Pros

Chicago Auto Pros

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
So last week at Chicago Auto Pros we were asked to rise to a challenge of taking our already nearly seamless XPEL full front clip installation and bring it to the next level. We completely hid the paint protection film by disassembling the car and wrapping the film into the voids to create a truly hidden kit for the customer. The vehicle receiving this extra special is none other than a Racing Yellow C7 Corvette Stingray.
So for this vehicle we have a full custom cut wrap of the entire front clip with the addition of a full rocker panel kit, full roof and a-pillar kit, and a custom piece behind the rear tire to negate any stones kicked up at high speed as this car will be driven and hard! We topped off the paint protection film with our Modesta BC-04 full exterior protection package utilizing BC-06 on the wheels with removal and application to the brake calipers as well. We finished off this C7 with Llumar Ceramic 50% tints on the side glass to keep the driver cool as he blazes down the street.

First things first the car arrived fresh from Bollingreen KY where the owner was able to be a part of the production process and take delivery the right way at the National Corvette Museum. Upon arrival the vehicle was inspected panel by panel to determine how much paint correction was needed and then went on to be fully decontaminated and washed in preparation for the XPEL Ultimate application.

After it’s bath the vehicle was then corrected here in house to perfection and then was meticulously stripped down piece by piece to expose all of the seams where film would be wrapped inside. The hood vent, side vents, full undertray, and front bumper were removed.

We then separated the grill from the bumper and the front lip from the bumper and began applying the XPEL Ultimate. Once the entire vehicle was wrapped it was full reassembled as per factory spec with no missing hardware or extra bolts left over, you know, the right way. We picked up new Stingray badges and the Corvette Flags from the dealer for the front bumper and fenders to replace the ones we removed. The vehicle was then re-inspected and primer polished using Modesta P01A and left to cure. It then received an IPA wipe down to remove any oils or solvents left from polishing and then the entire vehicle was coated with Modesta BC-04, the glass received an Opti-Glass treatment, and the wheels and calipers were sprayed with BC-06. Everything cured under IR lights for the proper time at the correct temperature and man did this thing shine!

This is the ultimate way to protect a car you love, no vehicle can have a force field around it at all times but this is about as worry free and as close as you can possibly get. It’s hard to find the right words to describe this vehicle in person, but the word “perfection” is the first to come to mind with seamless XPEL and a Modesta Glass coating to make this C7 like none other on the road. Up next is a beautiful black Z06 in for the same treatment.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Holy shit balls. Great jobs guys!

greasy

I Haz New Teknologee
Donating Member
Reaction score
Holy shit that is awesome! Cannot wait to get my car over there, you guys do great work :bigthumb:

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
From someone who has had these clear film products installed on just about every car I've owned including two corvettes, there is a reason you dont install them like this.

Imagine the work involved to repair the front bumper clear film if it gets damaged beyond what a heat gun can repair. Happened to me with a piece of siding that flew off a van in front of me on the highway. It tore the film but did not harm the paint underneath.

All it took to put the car back to new was to replace the front nose mask film. Very simple. That would be a challenge in this case. And an expensive one. Its cool that this can be achieved, but its not recommended. Any installer will tell you that the film is precut to be installed on the car quickly, and removed just as easily if needed.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm sure this car will see more garage time than road time :s00ls:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll bet that was $1500+ easily.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Probably double that, but you get what you pay for. That job doesn't get any better than that.

Chicago Auto Pros

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
From someone who has had these clear film products installed on just about every car I've owned including two corvettes, there is a reason you dont install them like this.

Imagine the work involved to repair the front bumper clear film if it gets damaged beyond what a heat gun can repair. Happened to me with a piece of siding that flew off a van in front of me on the highway. It tore the film but did not harm the paint underneath.

All it took to put the car back to new was to replace the front nose mask film. Very simple. That would be a challenge in this case. And an expensive one. Its cool that this can be achieved, but its not recommended. Any installer will tell you that the film is precut to be installed on the car quickly, and removed just as easily if needed.
Yep your right, it will cost a little more to replace the film if it does get damaged.

We went though all of this with the customer. We even told him that it might not even work, but in the end he was not going for a cheap install and he was willing to be the guinea pig to see how far we could take the install.

Chicago Auto Pros

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Probably double that, but you get what you pay for. That job doesn't get any better than that.
Our normal full front clip XPEL install are $1,500 plus. We have a standard to wrap any edge that we can (normally just hood, wheel wells and top of fender).

This one was not a normal install... Everything had to be custom cut and the time to take the front end apart made it a little more expensive.

Like anything the more time it takes the higher the cost.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Our normal full front clip XPEL install are $1,500 plus. We have a standard to wrap any edge that we can (normally just hood, wheel wells and top of fender).

This one was not a normal install... Everything had to be custom cut and the time to take the front end apart made it a little more expensive.

Like anything the more time it takes the higher the cost.
I'm not hatin' just so we're clear, that's just some damn good work.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Excellent demo of painstaking effort on a customer car that turned out great! :bigthumb:

HeavyG

Reaction score
very nice

that amount of work just gave me a headache on top of making my headspin....

and I complain about tinting the two small windows on my car

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom