• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

C4 LTI Oil pressure?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
My little brothers reads low too. Seems to jump where it should be once the revs come up, however his has 115,000 miles. He said it always read that though. Awesome cars if you're getting one, I definitely enjoy taking his for a ride every once in a while. Super tq-y.

SWORN

Addict
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago
My little brothers reads low too. Seems to jump where it should be once the revs come up, however his has 115,000 miles. He said it always read that though. Awesome cars if you're getting one, I definitely enjoy taking his for a ride every once in a while. Super tq-y.

Yeah, I had a 96 C4 for a little while. Even though it was an older car it still handled great and was a blast to drive!

That's a common thing with ALL LT1 cars though, they read on the low side at idle and with a little rpm they jump up

That's pretty much what I thought.

I'm really torn. I've put a fair amount of money in my Mustang, but man do I miss my old C4. :(

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I did 3 (plus there was the first one on the car) and then when I sold the car I needed another one. Part of the problem is that the stock GM ones are impossible to find and expensive when you do. I used aftermarket ones. And the real bitch is removing the water pump and distributor cap and crank pulley to get to the damn thing

SWORN

Addict
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago
I did 3 (plus there was the first one on the car) and then when I sold the car I needed another one. Part of the problem is that the stock GM ones are impossible to find and expensive when you do. I used aftermarket ones. And the real bitch is removing the water pump and distributor cap and crank pulley to get to the damn thing

Three! Wow, that sucks! Did you find that any brand worked well? I thought the vented Optis' were a huge improvement!

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
OEM are the best, and I've heard that even those fail brand new out of the box.

The opti isn't THAT bad. My stock one lasted me 180k, and still worked fine when I replaced it. I only changed it because I was doing headers and electric water pump, so I figured I would spend the money and do it before it failed. The second one was fine when I took it off at 240k, and I only replaced it because I switched to vented set up. The vented opti on the car since 240k is one I got in a box of parts and I don't know any history on it, but it was pretty filthy. I cleaned it up, threw it on, and have had no problems.

Just don't get it wet and you'll be ok.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
THING IS, MINE NEVER GOT WET... I DONT KNOW WHY IT FAILED BUT I KEPT LOSING SECONDARY CAM SINGAL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. IM SURE IT WAS THE SHITTY SUMMIT REBUILDS I WAS BUYING BECAUSE WHEN I SOLD MINE THE DUDE PUT ON AN OEM ONE AND ITS BEEN FINE EVER SINCE. THE STOCK ONE WAS DEFINETLY THE BEST. I WAS EVEN RUNNING A AFTERMARKET COIL AND A 150 SHOT ON MY MOTOR WITH THE STOCK UNIT AND IT WAS A CHAMP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info