C0244??? stumped

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
DTC C0244 PWM Delivered Torque Malfunction
Circuit Description
Traction Control is simultaneously controlled by the EBTCM and the PCM. The PCM sends a DELIVERED TORQUE message via a Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) signal to the EBTCM confirming the delivered torque level for proper Traction Control system operation. The EBTCM supplies the pull up voltage.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
DTC C0244 can be set anytime when ignition voltage is present. A malfunction exists if the PWM signal is out of range or no signal is received for a period of 2 seconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• A malfunction DTC is stored.

• The TCS is disabled.

• The TRAC OFF indicator is turned on. The ABS remains functional.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
• Condition for DTC is no longer present and scan tool clear DTC function is used.

• 100 ignition cycles have passed with no DTC(s) detected.

Diagnostic Aids
• It is very important that a thorough inspection of the wiring and connectors be performed. Failure to carefully and fully inspect wiring and connectors may result in misdiagnosis, causing part replacement with reappearance of the malfunction.

• If an intermittent malfunction exists refer to General Electrical Diagnosis in Wiring Systems.

• Possible causes for DTC C0244 to set:

- Open in CKT 464.

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
Step
Action
Value(s)
Yes
No

SCHEMATIC REFERENCE: ABS Schematics Instrument Cluster Indicators, MSVA and Stop Lamp Switch

Was the Diagnostic System Check performed?
--
Go to Step 2
Go to Diagnostic System Check - ABS

Check that grounds, G113 and G205 are clean, tight and free of damage. Refer to Power and Grounding Components in Wiring Systems.

Were any loose, damaged, or corroded grounds found?
--
Go to Step 3
Go to Step 4

Repair ground as necessary. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Install the scan tool.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, engine off.
Using the scan tool, observe the PCM to EBTCM delivered torque.
Is the delivered torque within the range specified in the value(s) column?
0N·m
Go to Step 5
Go to Step 6

Replace the EBTCM. Refer to Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module Replacement.

Is the replacement complete?
--
--

Disconnect the PCM connector C2.
Disconnect the EBTCM connector.
Install J 39700 Universal Pinout Box using the J 39700-530 cable adapter to the EBTCM harness connector and the EBTCM connector.
Using J 39200 DMM, measure the voltage between terminals 9 and 15 of J 39700 .
Is the voltage within the range specified in the value(s) column?
Battery Volts
Go to Step 7
Go to Step 9

Disconnect the J 39700-530 cable adapter from the EBTCM leaving the cable adapter connected to the EBTCM harness only.
Using J 39200 DMM, measure the voltage between terminals 9 and 15 of J 39700 .
Is the voltage within the range specified in the value(s) column?
Greater than 1V
Go to Step 8
Go to Step 11

Repair CKT 464 for a short to voltage. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

Using J 39200 DMM, measure the resistance between J 39700 terminals 9 and 15.
Is the resistance within the range specified in the value(s) column?
OL (infinite)
Go to Step 5
Go to Step 10

Repair CKT 464 for a short to ground. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

Using J 39200 DMM, measure the resistance between terminal 9 of J 39700 and the PCM connector C2 terminal 9.
Is the resistance within the range specified in the value(s) column?
0-2 Ω
Go to Step 12
Go to Step 13

Suspect PCM. Refer to Powertrain On Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Check in Engine Controls 3.8.

Is the Repair complete?
--
--

Repair CKT 464 for an open. Refer to Wiring Repairsin Wiring Systems.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in the PI.

Condition/Concern:
TCS light on and possible DTCs C0244 and/or P1689.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Check PCM connector(s) for water intrusion.

Diagnostic hint: Delivered torque circuit on a normal vehicle will be in the high 20's to low 30's (NM) when in gear at idle

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Did your guy at the dealership try to delete the code? If you fixed the wire, and your PWM counts are there, and all voltages are accounted for - the code might just need to be deleted.

I would normally assume that you guys already tried that, and the code came back. But I know what happens when one assumes..

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
Did your guy at the dealership try to delete the code? If you fixed the wire, and your PWM counts are there, and all voltages are accounted for - the code might just need to be deleted.

I would normally assume that you guys already tried that, and the code came back. But I know what happens when one assumes..

he trieed to delete it but it wouldnt go away

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
i bet you have a bad wire between the PCM and EBTCM or a bad EBTCM. This has nothing to do with the abs wire at the wheel speed sensor.

damn it has to be a bad EBTCM....i did notice duck tape on the EBTCM connector when i first got the car when i first got the car but i inspected the connector and all wires and it was fine....i wanna fix it to have ABS before winter....:dunno:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
damn it has to be a bad EBTCM....i did notice duck tape on the EBTCM connector when i first got the car when i first got the car but i inspected the connector and all wires and it was fine....i wanna fix it to have ABS before winter....:dunno:

ABS is for pussies. i drove without it for the 2 winters i had the car without a problem. it was actually nice not having to remember to turn TCS off :rollpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info