đź“° Auto News C/D says the Camaro will end with a Z28

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I still can't wrap my head around how GM fucked this up. They had so much momentum after the 5th gen and then just ran this shit into the ground.
Cuz they put a 4 cylinder turbo in a car that's supposed to be fast and made the fast ones ridiculous money :rofl:

Trucks would be doin the same thing if people weren't using them as a tax write off.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I still can't wrap my head around how GM fucked this up. They had so much momentum after the 5th gen and then just ran this shit into the ground.
It’s simple. The product simply isn’t profitable enough compared to other areas the company can invest in. We can argue about the fact they didn’t market it enough, but that money is typically part of the program budget and there probably wasn’t enough there to put together a good campaign.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
The 6th Gen was a great car. 455 horsepower out of a solid engine platform with endless mod capability. Seemed to be a better all around performer out of the box than the Mustang. GMs problem has always been that the Camaro is priced a bit higher than the Mustang.

Also, the Mustang although not very practical, has always been just a little bit more practical than the Camaro. An S197 or S550 can be a comfortable and practical daily driver for anyone who doesn't need the rear seat space. Since the 5th gen has come out, the most common complaint you hear from people is sight lines and ergonomics. If GM would have took that into consideration and tried to improve visibility with the 6th gen, sales probably would have been better.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
The 6th Gen was a great car. 455 horsepower out of a solid engine platform with endless mod capability. Seemed to be a better all around performer out of the box than the Mustang. GMs problem has always been that the Camaro is priced a bit higher than the Mustang.

Also, the Mustang although not very practical, has always been just a little bit more practical than the Camaro. An S197 of S550 can be a comfortable and practical daily driver for anyone who doesn't need the rear seat space. Since the 5th gen has come out, the most common complaint you hear from people is sight lines and ergonomics. If GM would have took that into consideration and tried to improve visibility with the 6th gen, sales probably would have been better.

Yup the seating and sight in the 6th gen is terrible. The S550 mustang was soo much nicer to drive and use and way more practical. I wish they made the 5th and 6th gen a Hatch like the 4th gen. I used to toss ladders and Lumber in there. ? even pulled the passenger seat out and stacked bags of gravel in there. ?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I love the camaro but I legit hate GM for just neglecting it. They're even failing at keeping us updated on these last years of the 6th gen....it's May 2023 and we have zero specifics on the 2024 collector edition, and no specifics on what is now looking to be a 2025 z28 (which came out of nowhere, if it's even real).

What the fuck. Tell us something you dicks

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
GM has done a poor job of marketing the Camaro. They don't do anything to generate excitement around their product like Ford or Chrysler/Fiat/Stellantis(whatever they are called this week) has done.

I mentioned the 5th gen Z/28 above. Even as a pretty die hard Mustang guy, I will say that the '14-'15 Z/28 was an epic car. It barely sold because not a lot of people knew about it and it was priced outlandishly.

It was built as a trans am style car to compete with the Boss 302 revival. With the LS7, mag ride suspension, and basically R compound tires with a DOT stamp, they blew the boss completely out of the water in performance. That extra performance came with a premium about $25,000 higher than the Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

They sat on lots forever and had huge price cuts until they eventually sold.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021

Also, the Mustang although not very practical, has always been just a little bit more practical than the Camaro. An S197 or S550 can be a comfortable and practical daily driver for anyone who doesn't need the rear seat space. Since the 5th gen has come out, the most common complaint you hear from people is sight lines and ergonomics. If GM would have took that into consideration and tried to improve visibility with the 6th gen, sales probably would have been better.
FB_IMG_1676415069486.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I have driven GT350's, and I drove Pete's 6th gen.

Aside from yeah, the higher belt line. The camera they added for the rear view mirror solved the rear sight issues, and I didn't have any issues with blind spots left and right. Cockpit was great, easy reach, great HUD, all controls easy to find.

I prefer it actually over the Mustang interior.

Engine wise, I loved the GT350 with its 8200rpm redline, but it's not really fair to compare the LT1 against the Voodoo.

The 6th gen Z28 better have the DOHC from the C8Z, that would make it really special.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Gm should have sent the Camaro out in style and atleast did digital gauge cluster and not have the same cluster from a spark, Malibu or Colorado. Ford did a great job with having a digital dash of a Foxbodyij the mustang and with that said GM should have said here u go everyone here is a 1st gen camaro, 2nd Gen, TURD Gen and 4th gen digital dash. Up the horsepower on all the models and limited Ed z28 and maybe some retro colors. I bet people would pay up and you have to give the consumer some excitement on the last hurrah with the maro. I’m not saying re design the whole car it’s to late for that but try something.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Gm should have sent the Camaro out in style and atleast did digital gauge cluster and not have the same cluster from a spark, Malibu or Colorado. Ford did a great job with having a digital dash of a Foxbodyij the mustang and with that said GM should have said here u go everyone here is a 1st gen camaro, 2nd Gen, TURD Gen and 4th gen digital dash. Up the horsepower on all the models and limited Ed z28 and maybe some retro colors. I bet people would pay up and you have to give the consumer some excitement on the last hurrah with the maro. I’m not saying re design the whole car it’s to late for that but try something.
They could easily put a dash in it like they are with the newer trucks but I doubt they're going to spend any time and money on doing it.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Cuz they put a 4 cylinder turbo in a car that's supposed to be fast and made the fast ones ridiculous money :rofl:

Trucks would be doin the same thing if people weren't using them as a tax write off.
I don't see that as a problem today especially compared to back in the day where they were jamming Iron Dukes into thirdgens. Woof!

Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info