Buying Out of State

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yessir. And its registered in WI too. But IL sees my IL address and wants me to file that RUT-25 form to "get right" with IL taxes before I can buy a trail pass for the sled here in IL. It's the damn DNR that caught me up on that one.

I paid WI taxes, then later, had to pay IL taxes (to their satisfaction - the difference between WI and IL tax rates) to boot.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Yessir. And its registered in WI too. But IL sees my IL address and wants me to file that RUT-25 form to "get right" with IL taxes before I can buy a trail pass for the sled here in IL. It's the damn DNR that caught me up on that one.

I paid WI taxes, then later, had to pay IL taxes (to their satisfaction - the difference between WI and IL tax rates) to boot.

This is what I was wondering.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

yep. me too.

you're going to have a bad time, with a new boat, getting pulled over with new Wisconsin registration, on the chain.

i would want absolutely zero to do with that.

all over what... like six hundred whole dollars in difference

YEP NOPE. ill take being legit on the chain for 600 alex.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
9af6fe1c5cb46c94cbbaa35bd3a5f8ee.jpg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

Or just don't ride in IL where the DNR would be hanging out. :mamoru:

"Maybe if you guys used our tax money to fund the infrastructure for these activities..." :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Or just don't ride in IL where the DNR would be hanging out. :mamoru:

"Maybe if you guys used our tax money to fund the infrastructure for these activities..." :rofl:

Its still nice to ride around the McHenry/Johnsburg/Richmond area on the "trails" when we have snow here.

I don't think you need a trail permit to ride on the river and chain when it is frozen but they cops will always get you when you ride on the land to get over the McHenry dam.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info