Buttoning the motor back up, but had a few questions...

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Well, my heads are all cleaned up since I blew the head gasket last year, and Im going to button the motor back up to try to atleast get a month or two use out of the car this year.... Unfortunately things took alot longer than expected (thats a whole other story), so the motor has been sitting for awhile (Since last October) on an engine stand. I cleaned everything up, replaced some of the gaskets, just ordered a new balancer since the elastomeric was starting to come out of the stock one (thankfully I saw it before it became an issue), went to head studs instead of bolts, etc...

Before I finish putting everything back on should I put a light coating of oil on anything, or soak the lifters before putting them back in and finding zero lash again, put some oil on the cylinder walls before turning the motor over to find TDC to stab the dizzy, etc. ?????

Anything else should do before putting it all the way back together ???

Thanks as usual....

IZZy