But who was winter meets?

I've tried to get a off-season meet going since October. Lack of interest from TCG Staff kept me from posting something up. I feel that is a direct reflection on attendance. Christmas party was canceled before it was planned due to things out of our control. I've talked about a January Twin Peaks meet for a while now. Just need a blessing from Mook.

I was extremely down on last years meets because of participation from core members and general attendance. The first meet was a great success but I feel they fizzled out after. I also don't like how the members from the south consistently bitch about meets "up north" yet when I have a meet way down in Aurora the only people that attended were people from the north.

I think it might be best to divide and conquer. I agree with your comment regarding people barking about location. You certainly cannot please everybody. I did four or five track days last year and most people just barked about what track I chose.

So maybe, for now, some more northern meet ups and separate southern meet ups?

We also did some CMC meets in St Charles a few times, which worked out pretty well for both crowds.

K1 would be a fun one, and it's in Addison.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
I've tried to get a off-season meet going since October. Lack of interest from TCG Staff kept me from posting something up. I feel that is a direct reflection on attendance. Christmas party was canceled before it was planned due to things out of our control. I've talked about a January Twin Peaks meet for a while now. Just need a blessing from Mook.

I was extremely down on last years meets because of participation from core members and general attendance. The first meet was a great success but I feel they fizzled out after. I also don't like how the members from the south consistently bitch about meets "up north" yet when I have a meet way down in Aurora the only people that attended were people from the north.

Can I bitch about how I showed up and had to hang out with all the up north ****?

In all seriousness I appreciate the effort put forth to set this stuff up. Would love another trip to Aurora as my mug is getting dusty.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
My only advice to newbies is to just fucking sack up and show up. Only way you're going to be apart of the fam.

As for the old inside jokes and shit, who cares, it's about good company.
The problem is when even the current members dont feel welcome at meets because the 'core' people or old timers still only talk to each other and dont talk to the people they dont know.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I recall only 1 or 2 of you coming to doggie diner when we had it every week :rofl:

dont make this a "north vs south thing"
I didn't even make it to Chubbys and it's 10 min from my house. Going somewhere an hour away once a month is one thing. But going every week is probably what turned people away. That place was far from everyone.

Thread Info