3800 Bushings for Lower control arms

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
I need to replace my LCA bushings. These are the ones that connect the LCA to the subframe. I don't want to have to pay for whole new ones. I was talking with Ricky and he said there are replacement ones you can put in there yourself, like the ones ZZP and Wbody Store put in the aftermarket ones.

I just need to know what is all entailed in doing this and what I need in parts. These don't need to be the hardcore race ready ones. Comparable to stock would be fine for me. I need this to be daily driven and not tear apart my trans.

Ron, I remember you did something like this a while back at your house...do you remember?

Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jeremy

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
I put in a whole new control arm unit and it really wasnt to bad at all. Granted I had a lift and air tools though. I think they were 260 for the set of 2 arms.

IMO, it was well worth getting it all new and just quickly swapping it out.
[/b]

Thanks, I may just go this route and not screw around with it. The more I think about it, it will be more of a pain to replace just the bushings than if I were to get all new arms. I think I was remembering Ron doing a race setup for his.

I need some hubs too, so I figure I'll save up the money for those too and do it all at the same time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list