Burger Tuning - TCG can hook that up too

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Hi TCG Performance Parts Direct, I would like to purchase one of these please.

• Wow
Reactions: The Broken Regal

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
TommyGloves TommyGloves did you end up getting the JB4? If so what are you thoughts?

I bought the BMW version and for a pretty much stock vehicle, it made a noticeable butt dyno difference. The JB4 mobile app paired with the BT JB4 connect kit works really well. The logging feature and graph functions are awesome (at least compared to my 3800 DHP days.) My only gripe is that the connect kit and the app are separate purchases (~$140 for the BT kit and $38 for the phone app.)

If I didn't have a warranty, I would have gone with a flash tune (Bootmod3). As a piggyback, the JB4 is a decent value and has been pretty stable in my opinion.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I bought the BMW version and for a pretty much stock vehicle, it made a noticeable butt dyno difference. The JB4 mobile app paired with the BT JB4 connect kit works really well. The logging feature and graph functions are awesome (at least compared to my 3800 DHP days.) My only gripe is that the connect kit and the app are separate purchases (~$140 for the BT kit and $38 for the phone app.)

If I didn't have a warranty, I would have gone with a flash tune (Bootmod3). As a piggyback, the JB4 is a decent value and has been pretty stable in my opinion.

Ouch. You would think that for the JB4 and the BT kit, the app would be free. :rofl: Did it come with a connection for fuel? I have been reading on the VT forums and they recommend getting the fuel wire connection, but reading on Burgers site, it says the newer kits come standard with that connection. I was just curious.

Warranty is what makes me think about doing the JB4 vs getting a tune as well.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Ouch. You would think that for the JB4 and the BT kit, the app would be free. :rofl: Did it come with a connection for fuel? I have been reading on the VT forums and they recommend getting the fuel wire connection, but reading on Burgers site, it says the newer kits come standard with that connection. I was just curious.

Warranty is what makes me think about doing the JB4 vs getting a tune as well.
On the BMW side...B48/B58 engines....the only connections were MAP and chargepipe pressure sensor. The new versions now come standard with the electronic wastegate connection to help with better boost control. The fuel connection is not needed on stock BMW cars but can be added. (I didn't get into it that much since I'm stock.) Adding the add-on connectors regardless of vehicle is straightforward. The add-on connectors are pre-pinned for the DB25 connector on the JB4 box. You just need to pop the pins in the right holes. Also, the firmware is flashed to a removable IC chip that can be replaced if it fails to update through the app.

If you decide to get the JB4 box and connect kit, get it through here.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
1660664416284.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info