Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
WELL WELL WELL. Looks what I discovered is now out. And boy did I come away surprised. This isnt quite Popeyes but its the best new offering I've had yet. VERY juicy, nice thick piece, bun was good enough (but could be better), pickles were thick and added a nice bit of "extra" and the breading had plenty of crisp. As usual, the sauce looks like it would be spicy but isnt. Whatever the signature sauce is, its fine. However, I would very much recommend giving this a try. There are other versions as well that I think I'll try. I'm betting the classic will be better in this instance.

Medium meal ran me $9 and change.

PXL_20210414_231134721.jpg

PXL_20210414_231205725.jpg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
WELL WELL WELL. Looks what I discovered is now out. And boy did I come away surprised. This isnt quite Popeyes but its the best new offering I've had yet. VERY juicy, nice thick piece, bun was good enough (but could be better), pickles were thick and added a nice bit of "extra" and the breading had plenty of crisp. As usual, the sauce looks like it would be spicy but isnt. Whatever the signature sauce is, its fine. However, I would very much recommend giving this a try. There are other versions as well that I think I'll try. I'm betting the classic will be better in this instance.

View attachment 86377

View attachment 86378
This looks absolutely NOTHING like any sandwich I've seen from BK, you sure you didn't pull a switcheroo? wow lol

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I don't eat in my car.

before covid, we never ate in the car unless it was a dire circumstance.

until recently, if we wanted to eat something that wasn't close to home, we'd eat in the car, almost always we were in the wife's Edge ST out of sheer easiness factor for the 4 of us.

I did eat in the GTI last week on Friday, only because the place I was getting carry out from had no indoor dining and I was halfway between work and my tint guys shop.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
The only thing pathetic is how hard Illinois people swing from Portillos.
Portillo's sucks! Other than the spicy chicken sandwich, chocolate cake shake, mint chocolate cake shake, and the lemon cake!

Yes, and Chipotle

But, must admit the Portillos chocolate cake shake is pretty damn good. And, the lemon cake too.
Yeah, Chipotle is trash!

You're spot on regarding Portillo's, but I'd also add the mint chocolate cake shake! The the lemon cake is definitely legit!

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
You can stand out side the car. Like a parking lot. A park no law says you have to drive directly home!...:p
This is how I eat White Castle at 3am after the bars close. Go through the drive through, eat in the parking lot standing next to my truck.

Or go to Heavenly Bodies, which serves free burgers and fries until 4am..... :run:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

View attachment 86377

View attachment 86378

I tried it tonight.... meh

Not as good as Popeyes or the others

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Gave the spicy a go today

RBOGiEf.jpg

And I must say I echo most of Mook Mook 's thoughts. For coming out of BK, this is most impressive. It definitely doesn't best popeye's, but it takes a damn good run at them. Very moist, the crispy parts were crispy. Definitely wasnt "spicy" but the flavor was good

Im definitely gonna have to go back for another one of these, because I wanted to wash it down w/ a goddamn chocolate shake, and was told they "didnt have shakes today" :mad:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Had one today. Didn't care for it but maybe cuz I ordered mine plain. It was not juicy and the chicken didn't taste good. While I liked it more than MCD I would still put it behind Popeyes and even Kwik Trip. I would say it's the most chicken I got from any fast food joint tho. Sandwich was thick.. They also made it fresh. Took like 5 min.

20210416_131753.jpeg

Reactions: The Broken Regal
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info