Bump Stocks now banned

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Is this a repost?

A gun attachment used in the mass shooting that killed 58 people at an outdoor concert in Las Vegas last year will be banned under a new federal regulation announced Tuesday by the Trump administration.

Owners of bump stocks — a firearm accessory that allows non-automatic weapons to be fired at a rate that mimics that of automatic ones — will have have 90 days to destroy or turn in the devices, according to the regulation put forth by the U.S. Department of Justice, reports The New York Times.

In addition, the change will block gun owners from being able to register the accessory after the new regulation takes effect with its publication in the Federal Register, likely on Friday, reports NPR.

Ten states previously banned the plastic device in the wake of the Oct. 1, 2017, attack in Las Vegas, reports NPR.

It’s unclear how many gun owners will be affected but the Department of Justice previously reported that up to 520,000 bump stocks had been purchased in the United States since 2010, reports USA Today.

President Trump’s request for the DOJ to ban the attachment overrides a earlier position taken by officials with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, who had concluded the attachments were not subject to federal regulation, reports CNN.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
it was mentioned in another thread. cant remember where. so, technically, no.

*in the trump thread.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
im sure they will all be "destroyed" properly

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Win for the snow flakes.

But trumps still at fault for this massacre

musclemerc

Reaction score
I bought 5 just after the Vegas shooting.
Cha-Ching

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I'm a pro gun guy, but don't really care about this. The ban won't make anyone any safer, but these things didn't have any purpose except to allow any moron to be able to empty a mag in <5 seconds

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I always felt like I could dump a mag fast enough anyway, but I dont like to see things get banned weather I would use them or not

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Banning these will probably make zero impact on any lives saved. First, it is extremely rare that these are used in a crime. Second, you can empty a mag almost as fast, but more accurate without one of these. Really don't think these offer any kind of added kill count to a shooting.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
these seems like they were pretty useless and designed for people to watch them in youtube videos

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Would never use one either, but agree that them just arbitrarily making something illegal and saying you have 90 days to turn them in is a problem. I hope it goes to the courts and they lose or have to grandfather in the ones that we bought prior....

Imagine if they said “were banning internal combustion engines, you have 90 days to turn them in and you won’t be compensated for them....”

Of course that’s a far way out there thought, but just saying that I don’t see how they can say they were legal for so long and then make you turn them in.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm a pro gun guy, but don't really care about this. The ban won't make anyone any safer, but these things didn't have any purpose except to allow any moron to be able to empty a mag in <5 seconds
Zero difference made... pointless
Your two stage triggers are now banned because you can dump a magazine in <6 seconds. Those are pointless, right?

Your red dot sight is now banned because it allows you to acquire targets quickly. Pointless, right?

Your high powered scope is now banned because it allows you to kill someone from far away. Clearly pointless.

Enjoy your slope, fellas.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Give an inch. They take a mile

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Your two stage triggers are now banned because you can dump a magazine in <6 seconds. Those are pointless, right?

Your red dot sight is now banned because it allows you to acquire targets quickly. Pointless, right?

Your high powered scope is now banned because it allows you to kill someone from far away. Clearly pointless.

Think you misunderstood my post. Banning them is pointless, as it will prevent nothing...

I dont care for them personally, but banning these useless things wont prevent mass shootings from happening, or any aspect of how deadly one can be.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not liking the NRA response of just “were disappointed that they didn’t grandfather them in” either....

Realistically they’re saying anything that increases rate of fire can be classified as a “machine gun” whenever the deem it so and you have 90 days to comply....

Like Carter said, trigger jobs? Illegal. Binary trigger? Illegal. Faster acquisition? Illegal. Etc....

I don’t like bump stocks or care for them, but the argument has to start somewhere about them banning stuff out of the blue without as much as a law being made.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score

This!

IZZy