Bully-flo Racing and Kevin Yates heads

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Cody informed me of something recently....
Yates appears to be building up group buy capital to buy the zzp molds or already has them and needs casting $....
In my opinion the aluminum heads are only good for better clamping and better exhaust port turn/exit angle.
For a true solution the only real benefit would be if they were splayed valves to help fill our tiny cylinders....or 4 valve.

I still don't see much of a need larger volume ports with the horrible high RPM breathing characteristics of our short deck High angularity rotating assemblies.

Although since he mentions custom intake manifold I'm wondering if he's going after my series 1 tall deck / Series 2 cylinder head and top-end hybrid build idea.

That's the only way to get the rotating assembly geometry that will let these engines breathe over 5500 RPM... otherwise keep it below that and shoot for low/midrange torque.

I hope they get their patient...er patents. That way maybe they'll show some pictures and we can see whether it is the zzp mold.

I guess we should all be happy that people are still trying to pay attention to us lowly Buick guys

KYRE L67/L32/L26/L36 Cast Aluminum Head Options. I will not give any full details until we get a patient on them. You put in a order for your application and they will be built just for you or you buy them as Cast just Seats and Guides Installed. Shipping Anywhere.
As Cast L67/32 Standard Assemblies:
Ductile Iron Seats Pump Gas.
Magnesium Bronze Guides.
CNC Combustion Chambers 55-65 cc's.
7° Soft Chambers.
EPOC CNC Valve Jobs Only.
Manley SS 1.900"/1.570" Valves.
Manley 155# @ 1.810" HR Spring Kit.
As Cast L26/36 NA Std Assemblies:
Ductile Iron Seats Pump Gas.
Magnesium Bronze Guides.
CNC Combustion Chambers 45-55 cc's.
5° Soft Chambers.
EPOC Valve Jobs Only.
VIctory SS 1.960"/1.550" Valves.
Manley 155# @ 1.810" HR Spring Kit.
Options Available:
EPOC Valve Jobs Only.
NA CNC Program 1.960"/1.550"
SC CNC Program 1.940"/1.570"
TC CNC Program 1.940"/1.570"
NOS CNC Program.1.940"/1.570"
5° NA Soft Chambers.
7° PWR ADR Chambers.
45-65 cc Combustion Chambers.
3/4" Reach Washer Pugs, All Heat Ranges.
ARP Head Stud Kit.
6 extra Head Studs.
BHJ Hat Washers.
Hoops installed in Heads.
Custom Cooper Head Gaskets (14 Bolts)
Intake O-Ring Grooves.
Exhaust O-Ring Grooves.
NexTek Double HR 155# @ 1.810" .660" lift.
NexTek Double HR 170# @ 1.810" .700" lift.
PSI Double SR 240# @ 1.810" .710" lift.
Nickel Bronze Guides.
CHE Copper Beryllium Seats CNC Ported.
CHE B9 Seats CNC Ported.
VIctory Inconel Exhaust Valves.
VIctory Stainless Intake Valves.
VIctory CRN & iDLC Coated Titanium Valves.
Thermal Barrier Chambers.
Custom Cams Per Application.
Custom Solid Roller Lifters.
T&D Aluminum Shaft Mounted Rockers.
T&D Chromoly Shaft Mounted Rockers.
Ross Custom NA Domed Pistons.
Ross Custom PWR ADR Flat Top Pistons.
Molnar PWR ADR E4340 Billet H-Beam Rods.
Molnar NA 5.640" E4340 Billet H-Beam Rods.
KYRE Custom Billet Valve Covers.
Custom Cast IC Intakes.

It is interesting he talks about custom cast intake manifolds. Lost wax casting with 3D printers is one of the reasons why we built our printer big enough to do entire intake manifolds.

123_1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: GTPpower

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
via FB
Brian Pryes
Cody Hertrich
I talked to zoomer, they are done with it. Everything left has been spoken for .

I was waitin on zzp to get a new batch out but that either didn't happen or it did, and they disappeared before i even got wind of it.

This made me a lot more interested in this whole thing. I pretty much just want a set of heads that will, at least, match the performance of my current IS4 heads cause theyre old AF and I don't know what sort of condition theyre in now. Seats have been cut down at least a couple times already. It'd also be nice not having to run lead substitute all the time for fear of the seats

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Holy smokes. Zeph is back in the house.

I hate to be that guy, but is Yate's really all that? All I have to go off is what the Facebook mob says. I tend to ignore most of the talk about his business practices since it 95% of the people talking shit have never actually bought anything from him. Yates' seems to have some neat parts, but I have yet to see or hear anything about his success record. His engines LOOK hardcore, but will they run? He gets really defensive anytime somebody asks for 1/4 mile times, dyno results, or even just a video of a running engine. That sort of behavior does not make me inclined to buy a big ticket item like cylinder heads. That's just me. I hope somebody here will be able to set it straight.

I would not be surprised if TA starts dipping into this market though.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
I hate to be that guy, but is Yate's really all that? All I have to go off is what the Facebook mob says. I tend to ignore most of the talk about his business practices since it 95% of the people talking shit have never actually bought anything from him. Yates' seems to have some neat parts, but I have yet to see or hear anything about his success record. His engines LOOK hardcore, but will they run? He gets really defensive anytime somebody asks for 1/4 mile times, dyno results, or even just a video of a running engine. That sort of behavior does not make me inclined to buy a big ticket item like cylinder heads. That's just me. I hope somebody here will be able to set it straight.

Frankly as long as it's not a straight-up scam, i don't really care if he can actually build an engine. I just want a set of good heads while I can get em. No one else is stepping in and organizing a serious measure to get some produced, including zzp at this point.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I was gonna post something, but I already did apparently.

I dont even want to make fun anymore. I genuinely feel bad that there are people that will take advantage of others and deprive them of money for things they either dont need, or are shotty craftsmanship.

I totally forgot about the cookie sheet thing though. :bowrofl: THAT is still funny.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info