• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Built IRS thinking about going to SRA thoughts ?

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
Yes. But when I went slicks I shaved off .4 tenths on IRS so in the end it's all the same shit. Just one makes life a little easier at the track.

Yes 36 mm socket is a must. Level 5s are a waste IMO.
13-15psi track
20-22street

close the thread

20-22 psi on the street that isnt too low ?

i droped the car off at deans im prolly going to add some H and R springs soon

springs and shocks and struts are stock on the car

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
:deadhorse:

:deadhorse::deadhorse:

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Exactly. A solid axle isn't a magical cure that will provide traction. If you can't hook on a decent tire with an IRS, there are likely other reasons.

If you expect a solid axle is going to give you a full second of ET you're going to be massively disappointed.

Put a REAL tire on the car. Until you do that, you're not going anywhere.

Larry is the man.

+1 to all of the above.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I have just over 600 hp stock rear other than IRS brace and 28" slicks. so far 1.608 60ft. my first time with the new setup. waiting to see what I can really get out of it htis year
^see
going to try those springs you were telling me about hopefully it helps fix my wheel hoping problem :headbang:
more parts won't fix your problem
let me drive it at the track, then you drive it... we compare notes
kudos
unless you use your magic wand :D car is still going to wheel hop

It's about practice and driving skill, victor has both

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
my car will wheel hop no matter who drives it something is wrong with the IRS

Nothing is wrong with the IRS, they all hop, it's how it is...especially on a 17" tire. You have to slip the clutch a little bit and put a slick on it. People race on them all the time. I'll bet any money with a slick and vic driving he picks up .4 in the 60 and doesn't hop one bit without adding any parts.

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
Nothing is wrong with the IRS, they all hop, it's how it is...especially on a 17" tire. You have to slip the clutch a little bit and put a slick on it. People race on them all the time. I'll bet any money with a slick and vic driving he picks up .4 in the 60 and doesn't hop one bit without adding any parts.

Going to have IRS checked out and if nothing is wrong with it i will try a slick:biggthump

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
It was my first passes in a car with that much power and slicks. only raced on M/T's before that with alot less power.

11.06 @119. mph is low because of the 28" Hoosier slick on a 16"rim and the 3.55 gear. 14 psi in the tires

I also did not have a 2 step setup which I will make sure i have. i left @ aound 5K. I was worried about the stock half shafts but the car hooked well. I also forgot I have air bags in the rear springs.

I only want a solid because it is not quite as hard on parts. but guys here have twisted axels and bent the rear ends so anything can break

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
There are multiple things that can compound to increase hop more than normal. tire psi, alignment, bad shocks, play in suspension bushings and/or other components allowing excessive clearance/slack in the driveline. Throwing a set of slicks on it, will stop it essentially but is a band aid for an underlying concern. rolling around on the street on slicks is not feasible, and thus must be done with at minimum DR's. You can never eliminate hop completely, but can make it almost unnoticeable through the correct setup and driving.

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
Took my car to guy that did 01cobra's IRS swap what a smart guy seems to really his stuff about these cars:headbang: he found that i have very loose upper control arm bushings what is causing the wheel hop going to have complete bruce's bushings kit install and H and R springs to correct my problem im having :biggthump

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I did check it out today, the uppers have a ton of play. I can move the tire/knuckle .5 forward and rearward by HAND and worse with a pry bar, while watching the upper control arm slide/rock front to back on the inner bushings. You can only imagine how much this moves when power is applied and a 3600lb + are working against each other. I also recommended he do the springs at the same time 2 knock out both issues at once. I will record a vid of the movement before and after to show the extreme play in the uppers which will be added to Full Tilts web site for reference. Thanks Allen

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
Got car back easter sunday night what a great job drew did "01bluesnake" i had full bruces bushings kit installed as well as H & R race springs. He found that there were some bushings that were defective from the maximum motorsports bushing kit causing my issues. Theres not many places i would trust my car to get a good job done. But now i have found two places Deans Performance and "01bluesnake" :biggthump Took cobra out today for a test drive wow wheel hop is 90 % percent better next is a another tune :burnout:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info