Built 4R70 Full Manual Trans w/ Transbrake + extras

My tranny set up is for sale. I will try to be as complete as possible with the post. If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

- BC Automotive Build 4R70W Transmission with PA Full Manual Valve Body. The VB has a transbrake and retains converter lock-up and Overdrive. This is Darrin's best transmission, no expense spared when building it. Would cost $2500 to duplicate and that is not with the cost of the PA Valvebody($700+) that is in it.

- Ultimate Converter Concepts torque converter. This converter has a carbon converter clutch in it for locking up. The converter is not designed to lock up at WOT, but it perfect for the street and highway to help win milage. Was $950 new.

- Flexplate - Will include a ford flexplae of your choice. 6 bolt or 8 bolt, I have both.

- Mach 1 Dipstick Tube.

- Ford Aluminum drive shaft with correct automatic slip yoke installed. ($250 new)

Stuff you will need.
- B&M shifter. The trans has the lever installed to use the B&M brand shifters. If you wanted to go back to the stock ford shifter you would need to install the stock linkage again. I might have left that laying around.
- Trans cooler and lines.

I bought the trans from a guy in Florida in the spring of 2007. He told me it was 'built'. After the first dyno session the trans gave up the ghost. I had Darrin at BC Automotive go through it and truely build it. This rebuild was performed in April 2007. Like I mentioned, nothing was over looked on this rebuild.

The trans has probably 2,000 street miles and 100 or so passes on it. It is still working perfectly for me. I'm just had a TH400 built for my car since I am doing heads up racing. I needed some thing that had a quicker transbrake and did not need the lockup or overdrive any longer. I understand that the trans is not brand new and has some passes on it. My price reflects that also.

$2,000 - Do the math, that is well under 1/2 of what it would cost you to build one just like it.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
My tranny set up is for sale. I will try to be as complete as possible with the post. If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

- BC Automotive Build 4R70W Transmission with PA Full Manual Valve Body. The VB has a transbrake and retains converter lock-up and Overdrive. This is Darrin's best transmission, no expense spared when building it. Would cost $2500 to duplicate and that is not with the cost of the PA Valvebody($700+) that is in it.

- Ultimate Converter Concepts torque converter. This converter has a carbon converter clutch in it for locking up. The converter is not designed to lock up at WOT, but it perfect for the street and highway to help win milage. Was $950 new.

- Flexplate - Will include a ford flexplae of your choice. 6 bolt or 8 bolt, I have both.

- Mach 1 Dipstick Tube.

- Ford Aluminum drive shaft with correct automatic slip yoke installed. ($250 new)

Stuff you will need.
- B&M shifter. The trans has the lever installed to use the B&M brand shifters. If you wanted to go back to the stock ford shifter you would need to install the stock linkage again. I might have left that laying around.
- Trans cooler and lines.

I bought the trans from a guy in Florida in the spring of 2007. He told me it was 'built'. After the first dyno session the trans gave up the ghost. I had Darrin at BC Automotive go through it and truely build it. This rebuild was performed in April 2007. Like I mentioned, nothing was over looked on this rebuild.

The trans has probably 2,000 street miles and 100 or so passes on it. It is still working perfectly for me. I'm just had a TH400 built for my car since I am doing heads up racing. I needed some thing that had a quicker transbrake and did not need the lockup or overdrive any longer. I understand that the trans is not brand new and has some passes on it. My price reflects that also.

$2,000 - Do the math, that is well under 1/2 of what it would cost you to build one just like it.

Larry............Prictor............Carl.........!???!?!?!?!?:headbang:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This trans does have overdrive. The trans also has a lock up converter. The valve body is a standard P-R-N-3-2-1. Once in third you flip the electrical switch and it engages over drive. Same with the converter lock up. You flip a switch to engage/disengage it. The RPMs drop when you do the lock up as well. Almost like having another gear. It is a very slick set up.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
congrats to both seller and buyer.

Lenny at UCC builds the BEST converters hands down, couldnt be happier with mine!

I didn't figure it would take long to sell. That is a steal for that set up.

x2 on the Lenny comment. He gets them close on the first try and will work with you to get them perfect. He is always quick to get on the phone and provide the best customer service.

Thread Info