building a AR pistol

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
so i bought an upper and lower for an AR pistol. im kind of just jumping into the deep end here because i have never built one but i know a lot of you guys have, and im expecting you to help/advise. lol. the upper and lower are both anderson aluminum. This will be a slow build, nothing fast here. my main goal is for it to be light weight.

so, where do i begin? what sites to look at? what parts to buy? ect.

thanks in advance.

Shibby50

Reaction score
No help to the build but I have a carbon 15 and totally support this lol. Always wanted to do my own for something way cooler though.

Shibby50

Reaction score
Mine is basic like this right now, gonna get a micro dot, sling foregrip and something to use to put it to the shoulder.
Looks like the first pic. Thinking something like the second when I'm done but with a better sight.

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
Mine is basic like this right now, gonna get a micro dot, sling foregrip and something to use to put it to the shoulder.
Looks like the first pic. Thinking something like the second when I'm done but with a better sight.

I saw the carbon15 before I read your post and got nervous that you may actually own one. That gun is such a piece of shit, and not just because it's a bushmaster product.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I saw the carbon15 before I read your post and got nervous that you may actually own one. That gun is such a piece of shit, and not just because it's a bushmaster product.
check out the post above that one with the picture lol

Shibby50

Reaction score
Really? I've put prolly a 1000 rounds through it without touching it and hasn't failed to fire or jam yet. Just a fun gun really.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
Yours is a Professional Ordinance Carbon 15 if im not mistaken Damon, before bushmaster got them

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
someone care to link me to some websites to buy parts? and or make me a parts list so i know what i have to buy. :bowrofl:

[MENTION=10059]Jokerzl[/MENTION] where are you at when i need you!?!?

HellPIG

Reaction score
What are the rules for a piston build?

I see some floating around with mini stocks that pretty much make it a short barrel AR, which we can't have around here.

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
Really? I've put prolly a 1000 rounds through it without touching it and hasn't failed to fire or jam yet. Just a fun gun really.
Really.

This is my Carbon15. I bought it before I knew any better. This is after about 200 rounds. I emailed Bushmaster to see if they can warranty it, their response was a link to their rifle page saying that if I wasn't happy with my Carbon15 rifle I can buy one of their other ones.

Pretty much a big "fuck you".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom