• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Buick won't start help please

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
03 Buick century 3.1L I think.

New battery and tested it good.
When it does run good voltage from alternator 15ish.
Bridged the connection on the starter and it spins freely.

When it started getting cold like below 32 it would fail to turn the starter. Key in full power to everything but once turned to in gage the starter all power cuts out.

I'm thinking a sensor maybe? Any other suggestions please?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Thanks. I'm going to freeze my ass off around 2 PM checking them. I know they didn't look corroded but I'll start checking.

Funny thing tho was I would bring the new battery in the house to warm up then it would start no problem but last time I tried that I got nothing.

Couple times I messed with the power connection like loosened it a bit and it would crank. But again I'm getting nothing this time around.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
this:
STARTER SOLENOID BUICK CADILLAC CHEVROLET GMC PONTIAC

The power to most accessories cuts off when trying to start a car (normal). When the solenoid fails, the starter does nothing when the key is turned. On both my 3800's, the failure was intermittent. Car wouldn't start, turn the key again, started perfectly. Eventually it gave up completely. First time, I replace the complete starter for $150. Next time, I just replaced this. Local auto pats store did not carry just the solenoid. (Also check ebay)

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Suicide%20Funny%20Joke%20in%20the%20World(1).jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info