Bug Bug Report / Features Request

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Search doesn't appear to be working, or maybe ranking results correctly. Was looking for the What made you say fuck today thread, and just searching for 'fuck' and 'today' in titles only in the forum returned a ton of results, but many of them hadn't been posted in over 3 years. It found tons of alternate titles with "fuck" and "today" in the thread title, but not the actual What Made You Say Fuck today.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 7.32.57 AM.png

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
:dunno: I dont think I've ever seen that happen. What browser? Also, maybe try clicking the cog to switch it over to the other editor...maybe it wont happen then.
changing editors does get rid of the issue

it is usually only a problem when quoting large text that requires scrolling in the reply box.

like I had no issues when quoting this.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Rebuilding the search index is currently on post 2 million. After thats done, it will need to index threads (I'm assuming titles). Hopefully this at least makes search more accurate.

Edit: Posts are done. On to threads.

Last edited:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The search has been re-indexed but it didnt seem to do much....at least not for the above search. HOWEVER, I was able to easily fix that.

If you're looking for something like "what made you say fuck", go to advanced search > search threads tab > enter your shit and at the bottom sort by most replies.

This puts the fuck threads at the top of search....I'll need to do some research on how to make this better....I've seen lots of Xen sites complain about it.

Thread Info