TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
What a doosh canoe...

So I saw a new Bud Light commercial last night. And I thought... How the hell does this address the backlash and actually sell the beer again...

It's a woman at a bar. She orders several tall boys of Bud Light. Like 6, 7, 8... I didn't stop and count, but it was several. To get them from the bar to the table with her peeps, she pushes all the glasses together and group-grabs them and starts carrying them (which would mean she needs bigger hands, which is she really a he???), anyway, as she's walking back to her table, she passes a guy with a tray which has 4 glasses of Bud-Light on it, in effect more or less proving how great she is for her improvisational skills (and more or less emasculating him perhaps??), then past a big black bouncer, and finally back to the table...

How did this sell me on Bud Light? Maybe the take-away is that they're cater to women too?? Not sure.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
What a doosh canoe...

So I saw a new Bud Light commercial last night. And I thought... How the hell does this address the backlash and actually sell the beer again...

It's a woman at a bar. She orders several tall boys of Bud Light. Like 6, 7, 8... I didn't stop and count, but it was several. To get them from the bar to the table with her peeps, she pushes all the glasses together and group-grabs them and starts carrying them (which would mean she needs bigger hands, which is she really a he???), anyway, as she's walking back to her table, she passes a guy with a tray which has 4 glasses of Bud-Light on it, in effect more or less proving how great she is for her improvisational skills (and more or less emasculating him perhaps??), then past a big black bouncer, and finally back to the table...

How did this sell me on Bud Light? Maybe the take-away is that they're cater to women too?? Not sure.
Yep, saw it. Fucking stupid.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
They're hurting from this, but not too badly from the perspective of stock price. They're at 61.54 right now, peaked at 66.57, and in the last year they were at 44.90.

I think they'll spring back, it's just a matter of when the damage hits and how long it will last. If they were at 44.90 whereas they were at 66.57 before I'd be buying in. A loss of less than 10% Fuck that, not even worth it yet.

Maybe I'll check back on this during their next quarterly earnings call.

Reactions: Aircal and Maro

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
They're hurting from this, but not too badly from the perspective of stock price. They're at 61.54 right now, peaked at 66.57, and in the last year they were at 44.90.

I think they'll spring back, it's just a matter of when the damage hits and how long it will last. If they were at 44.90 whereas they were at 66.57 before I'd be buying in. A loss of less than 10% Fuck that, not even worth it yet.

Maybe I'll check back on this during their next quarterly earnings call.

Hedgies influence stock price and they love all the DEI bullshit, plus, AB is very diversified and other products will pick up the slack. With that idk that stock price will be impacted too much by this.

That being said, BL sales appear to have been distinctly impacted which isn't surprising and is interesting.

Did they ever bring their snotty VP of marketing back or is she still on a "leave"?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
What a doosh canoe...

I think that's an older commercial. I'm pretty sure I saw it awhile back.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I mean that's not bad at all IMO. They're trying to market beer to women, who generally don't drink beer. Not pretend women like that dude dylan, not ladyboys, actual women. You'd have to be one hell of a curmudgeon to call that "woke".

That's how your market to new demographics without pissing off core customers, many of whom actually probably wish their wife would share a beer with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info