Bub's "When this things a Rockin' we are in there doin it v.6

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
2002 Aero Cub C215
Dry weight: 2888 (weighed in at 3180lbs when I hit the scales last night)
GVWR: 4980

Floors are solid on this thing with newer vinyl planking. Everything works and the fridge also can run off propane so I can keep 6 packs of be err soda cold while in tow.

Plans are to convert to LED lighting, maybe look into a solar set up since it already has wiring for a deep cycle battery and whatever else comes our way. Also would like a screen room on the awning

Now...

The Story:

Drove home last night from Germantown,Wi. and the truck seemed to struggle a bit not bad but we drove home around 2,000rpm and a little more. The trailer is also swaying bad. I am in full panic mode because I can't figure out how a 1/2 ton with 7100lbs tow capacity is struggling with 3000lbs. I am now questioning everything. We get home after burning close to a half than of e85 getting shit mileage and white knuckling the whole way and I stop at my parents and get out only to immediately realize what I had done. . .
When I hooked up the trailer the stabilizer jacks we're still out and I didn't even think of checking the tires once the weight was back on it. One tire was as low as 8psi and the others weren't much better. So add that to the I didn't bother buying a brake controller yet nor did I use a WD hitch list and I think I found my problem. I inflated to 40psi (tire sidewall calls for 50psi cold) and drove the last few miles home getting between 12-13mpgs on e85 through the hills on wilmot road and I didn't feel the trailer other than braking.
TCG: We know towing.

So attached are a few shit pics. I'll log mods, maint and trips in this thread and hopefully with this luckily happy ending potentially terrible experience it will serve us many years

And @emerballs and @kj I sat in this thing half the night last night drinking beer and checking for water leaks. It's good. 2018_1002_10533900.jpeg2018_1002_10540400.jpeg2018_1002_10551200.jpeg2018_1002_10553300.jpeg

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
No DOT numbers on the sidewall? Looks like a clean camper. No leaks = [emoji1303]
I gave it a quick look in the dark when I got home. I will look further today
Looks like a perfect one. Not a tiny pop up and not a giant one.
That's what we wanted. Something comfy with a/c but would be manageable on the road

Thread Info