Bub's "When this things a Rockin' we are in there doin it v.6

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I mean basically anything over 4k trailer weight would need a wd hitch by that description then though.

My boat's a good amount heavier than my truck on the trailer.
I gotta think my lighter rv probably tows harsher than your boat given the aerodynamics alone. So maybe there isn't a different rule of thumb for boats and open trailers???

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I gotta think my lighter rv probably tows harsher than your boat given the aerodynamics alone. So maybe there isn't a different rule of thumb for boats and open trailers???

I mean, maybe? My boat is taller than my truck while on a trailer a good amount... and my truck is just a tick under 7' tall.

I think more what it is is that 95% or greater of boat trailers are surge brakes and very few WD hitches work with those.

whereas my trailer is electric over hydraulic as we talked about- which is rare as fuck but neat.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Me too, I was just making a joke. it probably would be beneficial to have one

owners manual says send it.

8AekYrz.png

I just can't picture my trailer having more than 1500lbs of tongue weight or so... and i've had 4k ish in my bed before and it's been a comfy ride.

I think i'd try one out before spending the coin and buying one.

Next $250-300 trailering purchase will be an adjustable ball mount.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
bub lemme borrow your fancy hitchamawhatchit

Just be warned it's got all the ugga duggas

owners manual says send it.

8AekYrz.png

I just can't picture my trailer having more than 1500lbs of tongue weight or so... and i've had 4k ish in my bed before and it's been a comfy ride.

I think i'd try one out before spending the coin and buying one.

Next $250-300 trailering purchase will be an adjustable ball mount.

10% of your trailering weight should be your tongue weight? Is ur boat 15k??

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just be warned it's got all the ugga duggas

10% of your trailering weight should be your tongue weight? Is ur boat 15k??

:nope:

i also thought it was 15%?

xtowingstability.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ZY4EeyUfD_.webp

When Is Weight Distribution Needed?
You would likely benefit from a weight distribution system if:

Your trailer weight (GTW) is more than 50 percent of your vehicle's weight (GVWR) yes
The rear of your tow vehicle sags when the trailer is hooked up nope
You experience trailer sway nope
Your tow vehicle's headlights point upward nope
You find it difficult to steer or stop your rig nope
You want to tow to the highest capacity allowed by your vehicle's trailer hitch nope

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Took this thing up over the weekend and did some camping with the kids who had a blast their first night out. We gambled with the weather and that plus my son getting sick had us call it early and we did an overnight vs two nights.

Had all the fancy lights going and used everything in the camper (heat, water heater, a/c fan, lighting) and everything still works great. V6 did work and towed great. Looking forward to another go in a few weeks with better weather

IMG_20190517_121459_01.jpegIMG_20190517_224510_784.jpeg

Reactions: SleeperLS

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
So end of summer update. We camped in this thing a fuck load. In the heat, cold rain and sun. Had a ton of fun with the kids. So much so we've decided to sell this thing for a bigger enclosed travel trailer for next season. This thing got listed in fbook market place and sold fairly quickly for enough that we just about camped and owned this thing for a year for free. Wife and I are scrambling for our next deal for next spring. Look for a thread coming soon

Thread Info