Bub's "When this things a Rockin' we are in there doin it v.6

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Planning on taking this thing up North this weekend. Waiting to hear back from the state park if there dump and fresh water station will be open. If so we will fill the fresh water tank up there and use everything and then dump all tanks and winterize when we get home. Took some time and stripped the covers off the dinnette and beds and washed the fabric and lysoled the foam and left em in the sun for a while

Also any stereo guys. Over the winter I wanna ditch this junk and also the what appears to be 6.5" speakers. I have no idea how to remove this garbage. Or what size to even shop for. All I want is Bluetooth really lol. USB would be nice too

New wheels and tires are on. No pics cuz I forgot.

Gonna hook up later this week and take to spray washer and retorque the lug nuts. 20181016_114040.jpegView attachment 3507520181016_114254.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Planning on taking this thing up North this weekend. Waiting to hear back from the state park if there dump and fresh water station will be open. If so we will fill the fresh water tank up there and use everything and then dump all tanks and winterize when we get home. Took some time and stripped the covers off the dinnette and beds and washed the fabric and lysoled the foam and left em in the sun for a while

Also any stereo guys. Over the winter I wanna ditch this junk and also the what appears to be 6.5" speakers. I have no idea how to remove this garbage. Or what size to even shop for. All I want is Bluetooth really lol. USB would be nice too

New wheels and tires are on. No pics cuz I forgot.

Gonna hook up later this week and take to spray washer and retorque the lug nuts. View attachment 35074View attachment 35075View attachment 35076

rockford fosgate makes a pretty solid expandable system that isn't cd but would work good for your shit me thinks

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Had this bish at the campground last weekend about an hour north of the border. New tires helped a ton. Truck did well with it considering the insane headwind last weekend. Heat was awesome at one point the thermometer read 18F outside and 78F inside. Pull out beds were drafty.

Now it is back alongside and I did re winterize it. Hoping i did it good enough if anyone knows someone that does it I'm open for just having it done for me so I don't have to worry. 20181020_180225.jpeg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Had this bish at the campground last weekend about an hour north of the border. New tires helped a ton. Truck did well with it considering the insane headwind last weekend. Heat was awesome at one point the thermometer read 18F outside and 78F inside. Pull out beds were drafty.

Now it is back alongside and I did re winterize it. Hoping i did it good enough if anyone knows someone that does it I'm open for just having it done for me so I don't have to worry. View attachment 35257

Dump all the tanks. Fill fresh water tank with antifreeze, run all fresh water appliances until antifreeze comes out. DONE.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
[MENTION=12294]taws697[/MENTION] I debated a WD hitch but loaded up I sit around 3500lbs. I did an add a leaf on my truck and this last time out it was fine. No real sway or sag for that matter. We drove into a strong head wind.

My next issue is tires on the truck given the taller ride I wanted to step up my tire size by an inch I'm not sure it's worth the risk to how my truck would handle the trailer.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
[MENTION=12294]taws697[/MENTION] I debated a WD hitch but loaded up I sit around 3500lbs. I did an add a leaf on my truck and this last time out it was fine. No real sway or sag for that matter. We drove into a strong head wind.

My next issue is tires on the truck given the taller ride I wanted to step up my tire size by an inch I'm not sure it's worth the risk to how my truck would handle the trailer.

Wait til you get some 40+ mph crosswinds, that's the fun stuff.

taws697

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 11, 2015
West Chicago, IL
Real Name
Wes

Oh wow. That thing is nice and light. I’m sure the truck does well towing it.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I'll be slowly updating as I'm getting ready for spring. Ended up going with a WD hitch and holy shit was it night and day, hardly felt the thing behind me. Picked up a Husky Centerline 32215, built in sway control, install was fun ended up purchasing a 6" drop shank and got it installed on Saturday. Drove it about 10-20 miles and now I'll take the hitch over to Adams or camping world and see if they'll double check my torque for me since the wrench I borrowed has been returned. I still have a taillight to replace, new safety chains to install and the summerize the tanks (cleaning and sanitizing) also no mice got to this and plumbing looks like it didn't burst so far so good. First trip is in may with the kids. 32215.jpeg

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I went with it for sway control due to the height and I read an article that said 50% of tow vehicle weight should run WD hitch. I'm honestly still a little amazed how much better it pulled around town. I am excite for the highway

if what you are towing is at least 50% of tow vehicle weight? is that what you are saying?

Thread Info