🔧 BUILD Bub's Sea Ten

General Information

Through some bitter sweet family things I don't care to disclose on the forum, I present the new to me 1969 Chevrolet C10. I've always loved this truck and jumped at the opportunity when it was offered to me. I have zero time, need, or means to own but I'll make it work. Plans are to drive the fucking tires off of it and wear my new balances at cars and coffee.

I'll be doing a front disc conversion since the 4 corner drums arent very nice. I'll do some suspension updates/upgrades to make it more street able and then I'm on the fence about a 2/4 drop. Also if I can fix the A/C that'd be cool as fuck.

The truck is very much in survivor shape and very minimal rust. It's originally a Texas truck and to the best that I've known still has it's original motor and trans.

Now pics

T

IMG_20200101_100914.jpg

IMG_20200101_100923.jpg

IMG_20200101_100952.jpg

IMG_20200101_100937.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Very cool truck to work with. Nice snag.

I'd say do the disc brake swap and wheel change possibly. Check the wheel size and code by the valve stem. Some of the wheels of that era don't fit disc brakes. Worth mentioning as you plan your updates and maintenance. Then save money for when shit is required. Until then enjoy driving it!

Reactions: Bub

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

I'd say do the disc brake swap and wheel change possibly. Check the wheel size and code by the valve stem. Some of the wheels of that era don't fit disc brakes. Worth mentioning as you plan your updates and maintenance. Then save money for when shit is required. Until then enjoy driving it!

Thanks. I will look at this. I want to put a wider shorter tire on it with the drop and I want to keep the factory caps.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
They make steel wheels that have different diameters and widths that use the stock caps. Wheel Vintiques and others offer them. That would be a cool option.

Maybe paint the wheels body color or white. More aggressive wheels & tires would be a welcomed addition for sure.

I think I was looking at Wheel Vintiques 55-5883 ???

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

Sup

IMG_20200102_200336.jpg

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
So drop spindles which are 2.5" drop and 1 in drop springs up front. Out back you are different than me as you have control arms and coils right? So just a drop coil out back. At 5 you will need a notch I believe. I have to notch mine....
I've been reading 5" no notch maybe trim the bump stop if I plan on using the bed

Thread Info