BRZ on the dyno

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
pldyno.jpg

i was a bit disappointed with my dyno last year (187 4th gear dynojet) and thought something might be jacked. ended up my header cat was pretty jacked up, i assume from continuing to track on a misfire code and some unspent fuel getting onto it.

cat_conv.jpg

i have a new tune this year and this header cat has been smashed out. i don't think it's changed anything else but a new overpipe/front pipe with a new high flow cat itself. on an awd dynojet i got something closer to what i was expecting, 195 (3rd gear) - unfortunately no torque or a/f at this dyno day.

dyno_mt.jpg

as far as i can tell, this seems around the same as a stock AP1 s2k would do on a dynojet (195-200). last year OEM tune OEM 86s on 93 put down 175-177.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You should race one and see how close it is. When I followed a modded BRZ at Gingerman I was able to close the gap on the back straight pretty quickly and my car just has a test pipe so I can keep my stock CAT nice and minty. I was in his slipstream though so that does make a big difference. When I race my friends AP1 it's a good race, but when I follow him at Gingerman, I can pull up to him so fast down the back straight. It's actually kinda cool to experience a slipstream in real life. :rofl:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
yeah i'm probably at 155 on a dynojet and an n/a BRZ is not going to go up much from here, so i'd say even stock the s2k has more motor (2.2 vs 2.0 so not a surprise i suppose).

given the lap times of guys sending it in stock or modded form the s2k chassis probably gets the nod too, although i think the 86 is easier to drive. i hear a lot of s2k guys comment how confident the handling feels and how much easier it is to drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• sickmint79
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list