BRP TO INTRODUCE ELECTRIC MODELS FOR EACH OF ITS PRODUCT LINES BY THE END OF 2026

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I just cannot see a hotel in the northwoods with 50 sleds outside all plugged in and charging. LOL

They don't even have plugs for electric cars up there.

Electric might be good for your own property or farm but not sure how the majority of people use powersports.
Yup that's what I'm saying. There won't be a super charger at a bar and grill in a small down for ATV's either, let alone a couple to charge multiple machines.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yup that's what I'm saying. There won't be a super charger at a bar and grill in a small down for ATV's either, let alone a couple to charge multiple machines.

hard enough to atv/sidebyside up north already and not be freaking the fuck out about running out of gasoline as it is :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
hard enough to atv/sidebyside up north already and not be freaking the fuck out about running out of gasoline as it is :rofl:

Where you riding? I never have that worry on a sled or ATV. I never owned one of those fancy side by sides but id imagine they don't get horrible gas mileage? You also have more options for gas with an ATV in alot of areas.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Never going to happen on a large scale. The municiple/government battery operated glorified RZR golfcarts make perfect sense. One-off coast guard/waterway small craft, makes sense. Widespread adoption in the private performance sector? Not a chance. The charging infrastructure for cars is barely in its infancy. Now you want charging in the middle of the woods in bumfuck UP/northwoods/out west where civilization doesn't exist? fuck out of here.

ICE ain't going nowhere

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Where you riding? I never have that worry on a sled or ATV. I never owned one of those fancy side by sides but id imagine they don't get horrible gas mileage? You also have more options for gas with an ATV in alot of areas.

crivitz/iron mountain/crandon.

Of course you are never worried about running out of fuel.

go more than 25% throttle and then see what happens.

this was even filling up everytime we were near a station. i hear about it all the time up north for people.... and judging by Chester Copperpot Chester Copperpot's like and Lead Pipe Lead Pipe agreeing with me, im not wrong.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Never going to happen on a large scale. The municiple/government battery operated glorified RZR golfcarts make perfect sense. One-off coast guard/waterway small craft, makes sense. Widespread adoption in the private performance sector? Not a chance. The charging infrastructure for cars is barely in its infancy. Now you want charging in the middle of the woods in bumfuck UP/northwoods/out west where civilization doesn't exist? fuck out of here.

ICE ain't going nowhere

there's many reasons BRP already bailed on electric SXS's once. :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
crivitz/iron mountain/crandon.

Of course you are never worried about running out of fuel.

go more than 25% throttle and then see what happens.

this was even filling up everytime we were near a station. i hear about it all the time up north for people.... and judging by Chester Copperpot Chester Copperpot's like and Lead Pipe Lead Pipe agreeing with me, im not wrong.

So what you get about 25 miles per tank?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
at 10-12mpg 9 gallons doesn't get you 100 miles. it's easy as fuck to do 100 miles without seeing much of anything in regards to fuel.

100 miles without seeing fuel?!? :rofl:

I can't speak for other parts of the country but the northwoods and most of the UP has ZERO shortage of fuel. If you can't make it 25 miles between towns you probably should be carrying your own gas. In areas that do not have a mainstream gas station you can still find gas at bars or resorts. Even at 50 miles of range you are passing many options for fuel. You need seriously lost and driving around in circles to run out of fuel.

gas.JPG

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
100 miles without seeing fuel?!? :rofl:

I can't speak for other parts of the country but the northwoods and most of the UP has ZERO shortage of fuel. If you can't make it 25 miles between towns you probably should be carrying your own gas. In areas that do not have a mainstream gas station you can still find gas at bars or resorts. Even at 50 miles of range you are passing many options for fuel. You need seriously lost and driving around in circles to run out of fuel.

View attachment 84351
right cuz all sxs trails go straight as the crow flies.

fuck man :rofl:

i can't believe this is so difficult for your noggin' to understand.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1616693302632.png

the lines are incorrect because i don't have decent service there so my location hopped all over. this was 190 miles of driving total. started the day full, filled up near jungle jims pub, topped off near trails end then barely made it to athelstane i barely made it to the driftwood log cabin from trails end saloon on my 9.5 gallon tank. i was on E pulling it.

most roads are not utv/sxs-able. so just because you see a gas station on the map doesn't mean you can make it there. we rode through dunbar and near pembine coming back to athlestane, and again, all three machines, barely made it there on the fuel we had.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
View attachment 84352

the lines are incorrect because i don't have decent service there so my location hopped all over. this was 190 miles of driving total. started the day full, filled up near jungle jims pub, topped off near trails end then barely made it to athelstane i barely made it to the driftwood log cabin from trails end saloon on my 9.5 gallon tank. i was on E pulling it.

most roads are not utv/sxs-able. so just because you see a gas station on the map doesn't mean you can make it there. we rode through dunbar and near pembine coming back to athlestane, and again, all three machines, barely made it there on the fuel we had.

41.4 miles on FUCKING ROADS. to get there. :rofl: so double it when running sxs/atv/utv trails.

1616693651805.png

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
View attachment 84352

Hard to understand that map but sounds like you filled up 2X and went 200 miles. Bypassing some gas options on the route?

Hell that rail road grade west of there from Lakewood, Wabeno has gas stations every 10 or 15 miles all the way up to Iron River.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info