Browning Hi Power

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
Old photo, but here's mine. Just your basic hi-power in a factory blue'd steel. Aftermarket wood grips.

Only thing done to it is a trigger job. Gun is rock solid and accurate for basically an out of the box gun. Very comfortable gun too.

Original mag is a 14 rd and I also have 2 10 rd mags. No feeding or jamming issues.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
The original wonder 9. Any of you guys get one of the Israeli surplus ones that were around for a while?

skeezer

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I've read it's really solid. I'd like to fire one myself before making the commitment.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
They are really solid. Its another John Browning design. Its suppose to be an improved 1911. Browning took what he learned from that and put it into the hi-power.

And its an old school all steel gun, so it doesnt feel like a toy like all the new stuff.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
They are really solid. Its another John Browning design. Its suppose to be an improved 1911. Browning took what he learned from that and put it into the hi-power.

And its an old school all steel gun, so it doesnt feel like a toy like all the new stuff.
One of my "list" guns is an Five-Seven and I could not BELIEVE how CHEAP the fucking thing feels! It feels like a $1200 toy gun...it's stupid.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
I get the same feeling from my brother's USP Compact.

The grip is comfortable but I can't get over how cheap the plastic frame makes it feel. Its hard to believe it was a $900-1000 dollar gun #becauseHK

skeezer

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Appears there's a smaller number of .40 S&W models out there. Anyone have opinions on the difference between the .40 and 9mm?

I can't really search on firearms at work. They block a ton of that shit.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
You'll be happy with either. .40 will bring a better resale value. But im pretty sure it reduces mag capacity.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom