Site Sponsor Brotherhood of Muscle visits Gav Details

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
This vehicle belongs to the son of one of the installers @ work.
Not a bad ride for a 20 year old. Purchased new last year and still just under 5,000 miles.

Dropped off Friday night, work began early Saturday. He's taking the car back to college in a week or so... This would be an express detail.

Mckee's 37 Xtreme Iron remove on the painted surfaces ( being careful of the Matte decals and the "diffuser" ).
About 5 minutes later, prefoam with Gyeon Foam
Rinse, wash with chemical guys citrus wash and gloss ( again, being mindful of the matte decals )
Clay with CG Fine clay mitt + NanoSkin Glide
Wheels: Sonax Wheel Cleaner
Wax: Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax via PC and red finishing pad
All MATTE surfaces and wheels received Mckee's 37 Matte cleaner and protectant.
Exhaust tips polished with P21S polishing soap

Tires: Meguiars Hyper Dressing 3:1

Brembo brake dust FTL :
5edSa2u.jpg

Tire shine build up ( notice where I wiped it with my finger )
ssbjiG7.jpg

Tire shine sling / grease
juCUBAN.jpg

qpPMtTi.jpg

wREeGWq.jpg

v1SWNS2.jpg

Heavy brake dust + tire shine that slings ? Iron Explosion
YPHZ2eQ.jpg

lMo4YA8.jpg

There's something so calming about this
IT6nQF2.jpg

jI3BOoM.jpg

LSNGe9l.jpg

Sonax applied ( goes on green )
S67dlgN.jpg

wxxmiv6.jpg

Turns purple like other wheel cleaners / iron removers
uSG1kvG.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
saved 3

2hoKuPP.jpg

47e2vgi.jpg

EATMZCL.jpg

upMJvNl.jpg

lsa74gc.jpg

some stubborn brake dust on the front wheels. Matte finishes can not be repaired... only redone. So instead of "Scrubbing" certain areas, I suggested using the sonax wheel cleaner the next few washes to help gradually loosen all caked on gunk... The owner plans to replace the pads as well
sNFC8lf.jpg

rK6oxiz.jpg

MBKNoMa.jpg

qkZovJu.jpg

1odft7H.jpg

qlFbHDu.jpg

iQKsHbf.jpg

o9SJgOl.jpg

EdSI22a.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Looks great Gav. I think I'm going to order some of that Sonax wheel cleaner.
thanks !
PH neutral and it's been around for a long time. Its thick like a gel so it doesnt run off right away and lathers up well when you agitate the wheel.

Yeah man :jg:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Good stuff as always!

Thanks !

The car looks great.

I am always amazed by how much "iron" is on the side and back of the cars I own. Damn brake pads & dusting.

Thanks !
Ceramic pads FTW... but yeah, even on new cars the contamination levels are surprising.

Been using that wheel cleaner as well. A little goes a long way. Stuff is pricy

I would say the goal is to get to a point when the wheel cleaner is not necessary. Once the wheels are as close to 100% as possible. Some form of wheel protection is in order to prevent the heavy build up.
Hopefully he changes the pads soon, if not, the wheels will be shot in another year or so.

Whadya CHARGEr him for that? :s00ls:

:rofl:
:drums:
I see what you did there :jg:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
wheel wax is inexpensive and easy to apply. This would need to be applied every 4-8 weeks depending on the weather etc.

There are some less expensive wheel coatings on the market as well, I still have some McKee's wheel coating. Not sure how good it is... I wasn't overly impressed on the GMC wheels but it can be applied 2-3 times a year if you really wanted to.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] have you used Gtechniq products? Only reason I tried their product was I had Auto Image ceramic coat my wifes car and Gtechniq was what he used. In doing so Jeff from auto Image gave me some samples. The quick detail spray to take care of the ceramic coat and also the Iron and General fallout spray. This was amazing to use and so easy, and it removed 99% of the yellow rail dust spots on my White Ram.

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] have you used Gtechniq products? Only reason I tried their product was I had Auto Image ceramic coat my wifes car and Gtechniq was what he used. In doing so Jeff from auto Image gave me some samples. The quick detail spray to take care of the ceramic coat and also the Iron and General fallout spray. This was amazing to use and so easy, and it removed 99% of the yellow rail dust spots on my White Ram.

Ive pretty much used every gtechniq product out there except for their aerocoat coating. W6 is the only product I've ever used that has had any adverse effects on my respiratory system and its the only product I refuse to use by them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info