Man, I am getting sick of this damn car. This weekend didnt go very well, but I guess I at least made some progress. It started when I went to put the switches in my steering wheel. Nice simple project, an easy win you would think. Nope!
The motion switches dont fit the switch holes in the motion wheel.
I guess it kinda worked out since even with my big hands I cant really reach those that well anyway.
So I guess I get to order the switch brackets. I am also going to get more switches so I can have the line lock and a hor button on the wheel in addition to the trans brake and bump/scramble.
With that simple project derailed I went to work on my exhaust.
I think I am going to order some tight radius 4" 90's to help make some of these bends
I then had to run out for a bit, and went to get a new alternator while I was at it. The one in the car was starting to act up some, so I exchanged it and then also put on the 3" Motion pulley to help it live.
Just look at this pile of shit.
I then make a mount for the expansion tank, but no pic. After that I started on the dash.
This was really the worst. Its a long story, but basically I should have done a damn custom cage from the start. The way the cage ended up being installed (which I am NOT upset about at all) meant that the a-pillar bars land at the front of the dash. They are also pretty far out to the edge of the dash, so there was only a sliver left on each side. Anyway I hacked it up and got it in.
I need to actually mount it since the main points are now non existent. I also had to cut out the part that actually holds the custer in, which means no stock cluter. Thats a real kick in the dick since I kept the stock tank for the gas gauge, I figured out how to get the tach working, and I got a GPS speedo that would talk to the custer so basically everything was going to work like stock
I have no idea what the plan is now. Since I plan on carrying 20 gallons with me in the trailer I can probably just let the car run out of gas. I am SOL for a tach, and I can use a GPS for a speedo.
Ill spare you all the disapointment after that point and we can just focus on the next project which was exhaust. I started with making what will be the tip.
And I kind of started in the middle
That was as far as I got before calling it a day. I need to get more straight tubing so I dont have a million welds. Also, yes I did get a little fancy and swedge a connection. Mainly because I didnt want to tack it but I only have two stands so I swedged it to keep going. I have a bit more figured out further back but I need to get this actually mounted before I go any further. So hopefully I can do some of that during the week and the material I need to finish will be here by the weekend.
Welp, thats all. This car is really depressing the fuck out of me lately. Just so many things that arent going right, or at least how I want them to go, and I dont have the time, money, or skill to fix them right now. I just need to get it done for drag week, then it needs to survive, and then its getting ripped apart for massive changes.