Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Broke EF turbo LS SC400 Build

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Um. :)

I've had 3-4 folks weld on my car, I might end having problems like this at some point, first world problems right.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Well just a quick lil update. I ended up ordering a chromolly cage kit on Friday. I went back and forth on what to do, prebent, build, or have one done. With material prices where they are it was kind of a no brainer. The prebent kit was less than half of my cost for material (through work even), and that was with shipping. Fingers crossed its not a total pile of shit, but I know I have some wiggle in the fitment so it should be OK.

Sunday I swapped the SC and the Supra back. I had the Supra over by a neighbor just cause I have no room.

Got the SC warmed up

And then let the neighbor drive it over to his house.

Then the wife and I spent all day working on cleaning up the garage. It still needs a lot, but its much better than it was.

I want to get the Supra done so I can get some other projects going, so that is next on the list. I need to work on figuring out my exact plans for the SC, but I know the basics already. I know I want to get the boost conrtoller done, trans brake, exhaust and a few other things. I need to make a list of parts to buy so I can start getting them knocked out too.

Well thats all for now. You should probably start seeing more Supra content soon :)

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
What still needs to be done on the supra?
Everything . I was waiting on parts from him, which he has now just needs to drop off. I need to finish the trans crossmember then start on the fuel system, wiring, etc.

My cage is apparently already at the house! That was fast as hell!!

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Well most of the cage showed up today. One of the tracking numbers says label has been created, so that makes sense. Still pretty impressive since I ordered it Friday night!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye on that tracking number. If it's from UPS, "label has been created" usually just means "we don't know where your shit is and you're never going to get it" :LOL:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
In my experience, UPS is far worse at the "label has been created" than fed ex. Tho fed ex did just recently send one of my customers packages from Phoenix......where they are located.......to like fucking Kansas or some place, for no reason at all. I'm still waiting for that one to make its way back to Phoenix after its detour.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
In my experience, UPS is far worse at the "label has been created" than fed ex. Tho fed ex did just recently send one of my customers packages from Phoenix......where they are located.......to like fucking Kansas or some place, for no reason at all. I'm still waiting for that one to make its way back to Phoenix after its detour.
Yeah, they all suck lately. I have had horrible luck with FedEx lately, but the last package is on its way now! Says it should be here tomorrow.

Are you short a bar?
Yes, I am missing a few. For sure I am missing the rear down bars (or door bars), kickers, harness bar, and probably a dash bar. Its not required, but I think the kit comes with one. It should also come with the floor plates. So we will see what shows up tomorrow :)

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Quick little update time.

First up a shot of the cage all laid out

Pretty happy with the cage overall! A little slag at the cuts, but nothing too terrible.

I powdercoated some parts at work last week.

Ignore the finger prints, but that is a center console trim piece and two radiator cooling plates.

And last up, I fixed the busted wastegate the other day.

I got it squeezed back together

As usual, ignore the messy bench. It has a lot of parts for both cars all over it. But all clampled up and back purging.

I welded over everything with 308 filler. I think first time I used 309 rod which I hear may have been part of my issue.

There is a chance I will cut this off and redo it still, but I wanted it fixed just in case. I took it out Saturday and it was making a solid 13lbs the couple time I was able to glance down at the screen. It was a little tail happy on the radials when its 40 degrees :)

I have ordered up some parts for the car but I will update that when I get them installed. I have also started looking at what events and stuff I wanted to do with the car next year. I really need to be a lot faster to do most of the things I want to do, but in order for that to happen I need a lot more parts (suspension, wheels, tires, etc.). So we will see what I end up doing. I am sure I will drive it a LOT more, and run it a LOT more next year though. The main goal is still at least Drag Week, if not one or two more drag and drive events. I just really also want to drive to a track, race (and go rounds) and then drive it home. That may end up having to be the following year though.

Anyway, I am ramblin so time for bed!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom