Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Broke EF turbo LS SC400 Build

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
It's finally new video day! I really should have gotten this one out much sooner, but its here now. In this one I get the engine painted, and fully assembled along with some other things. Check it out and let me know what you think! Also I am going to try to get the videos out quicker for you guys going forward.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Damn you did some work in this one! God every time you put it on the engine hoist in the timelapse parts and it starts "vibrating" it makes me think my eyes are going all whacky :LOL: I know it doesnt look like that in real time. Also you really showed that broken tube on the TB whos boss

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Damn you did some work in this one! God every time you put it on the engine hoist in the timelapse parts and it starts "vibrating" it makes me think my eyes are going all whacky :LOL: I know it doesnt look like that in real time. Also you really showed that broken tube on the TB whos boss
Thanks! I know, every time its on the hoist its crazy. It doesn't help that I usually have to work on it when its on the hoist. But not anymore!!!! That tube was so dumb, I was trying to beat it out of there for way too long before I just drilled it out in 2 seconds.

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
What's this, a second SC video?! I took so long to get the last one out I figured I should try for two to make up for it. Check it out and let me know what you think!

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
I THINK everything is OK. Dropping the trans is always a pain in the ass, and it was an absolute nightmare to get up initially. I had to drop it to get access to the lines and wire the trans brake to a plug. So I only have a floor jack style trans jack, which actually works nice. The problem is getting the car high enough to use it. Pretty much impossible not on the lift, and not a whole lot better with the lift. Anyway, I thought it was good and solid on there, and I lifted the car up instead of lower the jack down because its so tight in there. The arc of the jack going up and down makes it harder to mess with vs the lift going straight up and down. So I thought it was good and I had it balanced, and went up slow with the car. Once it got far enough it just nosed over and dumped the converter out.

I got the trans down onto the ground, flipped the converter over so it stopped puking fluid, and went inside for the night. Sometimes working alone is a real pain in the ass, and anytime I mess with the trans I remember that :)

IDAFC21

WOW.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Damn. Well hopefully everything is alright.

This is why I only do this kinda stuff in video games :LOL:

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
I dont think I realized how long its been since I put up a video! Anyway, new video is up now. In this video I show some of the things I need to address, and then I get to removing and welding the diff proper hot boi style :D Check it out and let me know what you think!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom