Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Broke EF turbo LS SC400 Build

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
New video day! I know in the last video I said I would be finishing assembly of the motor, but things didn't quite work out. So instead I finally got around to trying the motor in the car with an oil pan. It didn't go very smoothly :) Check it out and let me know what you think!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Man, talk about trial and error. But its all necessary... and good to figure this stuff out now. That motors gonna look once its sat in there proper!

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that's how it goes. I wish I would have figured it out sooner, but I am glad I figured it out now. The oil pan has been a huge unknown on this car since day one. The mounts (and most mounts) are designed to use an f-body pan. I didn't want to run one for a few reasons, and I spent a massive amount of time looking at options before I settled on the C6 pan. No idea why I didn't think of the sump length when I went over every dimension over and over. Once this one didn't fit, I spent the next 4 or 5 days looking at every single pan option again. The new one should be here today, and it better fit!! Still not an f-body pan because I like to make my life difficult :)

I hope it looks decent once its all done. I want to get it all buttoned up so I can paint it. That is how the whole assembly process even started. I was going to clean and paint the block. Its a pain in the ass to mask off as a bare block and I figured I would get pain inside doing it that way so I decided to at least put the bottom end then the covers and the pan. That has clearly snowballed into full assembly of the motor which has not gone smoothly.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well you seem to be rolling with it! Cant wait to see some more progress soon

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
New video day! In this one I get the motor pretty much completely assembled after I had some setbacks. Check it out and let me know what you think!

OP
B

Broke EF

Addict
Reaction score
Well thanks to willsmysticcobra willsmysticcobra buying my motorcycle, a whole shit ton of stuff has been ordered for the car!! I think I should start seeing boxes tomorrow but I am so excited I had to let you guys know. It should very close to everything I need to get the car 100% running and driving! Its close enough that I am heading out to the DMV today to get a set of plates :D :D :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom