Help Wanted Bristol Ren Faire

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
I admit I go every year...it's not bad...it's just okay

But working here I bet you'd see alot of Tatas and drunk dorks talking their medieval lingo...

Anyways just an fyi

Screenshot_20220516-200948_Facebook.jpg
FB_IMG_1652749775428.jpg

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I went once when I was 19 or 20. Some clown in a kilt made fun of my cargo shorts, and I will never step foot in that place again.
I went once for like 30 mins. It was not for me.

My cousin loved it, he went every year. He met his ex-wife there years ago. They moved to Wisconsin after they got married. That time I went was because he went on and on about how great it was. meh. It was circa 2001/2/3.

Reactions: DanJ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My Aunt and Uncle used to go every year for like 15yrs straight. They even met a guy there that built their complete bedroom set to resemble what that fair is all about. They paid a shit ton of money as it was all hand crafted and took about a year to build. I went with them once and will never go back lol.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I used to go a lot but more recently I'll maybe make it once or twice a season. Met a lot of good people there, but they were people that liked Bristol for the fun of it, you get hardcore Rennies that are a bit too insane for my taste an are obsessed. The place can be a lot of fun if you relax and take in some of the shows, do some shopping , eat a turkey leg. It is getting a bit on the pricier side these days though.
Security has always been a joke outside of this one retired marine that was cool as hell. You get a lot of the "socially awkward" people that go on some kind of power trip when they get a shirt and some sunglasses.

When my Scottish group goes there are usually between 5 and 25 of us hanging out, we had some dude from security come over and this twerp (120 lbs soaking wet) declare that because my friend was having trouble catching his breath after laughing so hard at a joke that he must be drunk (on his second beer in three hours) and so grabbed his fresh 12 dollar beer and dumped it while trying to stare down a 6 foot 5 tow truck driver, little idiot.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I can’t go back there again. It’s kind of cool and the falconry show is pretty awesome but I have a few friends that might still work there. It’s good to know people but one of them is a good friend and he’s a massive gym rat that likes to tackle me then pick me up and literally squeeze the life out of me then he proceeds to embarrass me by making me part of the show. Plus the sword/balloon swallowing girl is an ex girlfriend and that didn’t end well at all.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
My Aunt and Uncle used to go every year for like 15yrs straight. They even met a guy there that built their complete bedroom set to resemble what that fair is all about. They paid a shit ton of money as it was all hand crafted and took about a year to build. I went with them once and will never go back lol.

Ren fair not your scene

Surprised Rami Malek GIF by Saturday Night Live

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I can’t go back there again. It’s kind of cool and the falconry show is pretty awesome but I have a few friends that might still work there. It’s good to know people but one of them is a good friend and he’s a massive gym rat that likes to tackle me then pick me up and literally squeeze the life out of me then he proceeds to embarrass me by making me part of the show. Plus the sword/balloon swallowing girl is an ex girlfriend and that didn’t end well at all.
I havent seen them in a long long time

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
You guys know the hot crazy matrix right. She was a 5 in the renfair gear, a solid 7 in street clothes and a 8.5-9 minus clothes……plus there was the talent level that was at 50 on a ten point scale. Problem was she was a legit schizophrenic and a very VERY bad type of crazy, very possessive, extremely jealous (like got crazy mad even of people looking at me while driving) and a violent temper and a shit ton of cats. She pulled a knife on me and didn’t want to let me leave to go to work because she said I’d meet other women and leave her plus she had A LOT of knives, swords and archaic mid evil looking weapons. She was half right, I left. I told her we were going to go get some food to get out of her apartment and took off when she went to the bathroom at the restaurant. Now I’m extra paranoid every time I go to the Brat Stop or I’m anywhere in Kenosha/Racine. This all happened about 20 years ago and I’m still terrified I’ll bump into her.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info