Brian's braaap thread

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So my son has not only been totally in love with his new CRF50, but hes a fucking natural. Third time riding it today. And we have his throttle basically wide open now. He's able to do all the basic stuff like stopping, starting, cornering and also standing up. Not only that, but hes putting his feet down in corners and hitting it hard. The more I let the leash out, the more he wants to push it.

So today we shifted the bike into second. Within a few minutes, he got into a tank slapper and went down hard. No tears, and he bent the bars something fierce. But he wanted to get back on and rode for another hour with tacoed bars. Fucking crazy. Hes got a big bruise on this side, but otherwise hes all good. Fucking scared the shit out of me. Lesson learned, no more second gear until we get the rest of his gear.

KfshBy6.jpg

UnQCnVA.jpg

After that I decided to head to Woodstock Harley/KTM to check out some bikes for me. I have been wanting to check out the 250SXF and the 350SXF. Man are they sweet. TCS and 2 fuel maps you can switch back and forth for more manageable power. And they had both in stock. 3 2017 250s and 2 2017 350s. Crazy thing is I used to race with the salesman dude from back in the day in the minis class. We knew all the same people/riders and had probably an hour of just shooting the shit about the old braaap days. Anyway he made me a super awesome price for the 350. $9199 msrp, $9000otd including all fees and taxes. Thats a great deal. Im chewing it over. And $8500otd for the 250. I need to basically pick one.

But I still need to look at the jap brand bikes. The CRF250R is like $2k cheaper and I wont be able to tell a difference because I will probably be slow for a long time. Need to get my chops back. Plus the KTM 350 is like the perfect bike everyone is saying. Check it out. I will update when I get one and with any other cool braaap stuff we are up too.

Also priced out a hitch for the explorer. About $200 if I install it myself. And the installs are super easy.

Here is the 2017 350SXF.

vP1TiSf.jpg

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Take a look at the xr650L. Unquestioned durability, vast aftermarket, kids will never outgrow it when you hand it down, and the ability to ride on the street gives it better resale.....all at thousands less than a KTM. Buying a new full dirt you are going to take it in the shorts if/when you want to sell. FYI...I have an xr100r that is in great condition that would be good for the little guy next year or year after I would sell for 1k. Probably needs the idle jet cleaned because it's been sitting, but other than that it's good to go.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So we finally got our guy a chest protector. Its awesome and only $70. Hes stoked. Now that hes got the main parts of the gear, he wanted to try out second gear. He spent over an hour screaming around in 2nd. First is a joke now for him. Hes begging me to take him to that rockford place with the practice tracks. Rocky Glen I think its called.

81EoeCL.jpg

Also this is how to braaap with a little bike. No trailer needed yet. But soon. My bike will be coming shortly. The old explorer is like made for this. Has two sets of tie-down hooks in the back, and his bike fits perfectly.

ktmNj2F.png

And I looked at this today. 2017 CRF250R. Should be great to ride in the vet novice class at various events around IL and WI. We have to join the AMA again, and get into district 16 and 17 to be able to race. Probably do that for next season. My little guy needs all his gear, and way more practice before I let him race. Probably going to get him going next year. Anyway, here will be my new bike.

7D4BbiO.jpg

https://youtu.be/9k1gvpfpn24

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info