Breaking news! Mook is going to buy a GTP!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Hmmm a car that gets 30+ mpg, will be as fast or faster then a cobra and will handle winters just fine? Gtp all the way.

lol 30mpg? :picard: because you ONLY drive them on the highway in the perfect conditions going exactly the same mph with no traffic or anything to slow you down? I'm sure you're going to post the average excuse and say yours got 30mpg on the highway :mb:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
So realistically if you were to give an answer on the mpg a gtp actually gets you would still pick 30? Because realistically you're wrong, and everyone else that keeps saying they get 30mpg are wrong as well, because they don't. They CAN get 30mpg when they're on the highway with no head wind, going 55-65mph, no traffic, but perfect ideal conditions, but they don't AVERAGE 30mpg. mmmmkay?

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
But it does :dunno: even my blue car on E85 gets mid 20's when i'm on the highway cruising. I get fantastic gas mileage, but i don't go around telling people my ideal driving condition BEST mpg i've ever gotten as my average :picard: if that was the case I would tell everyone i get 35-36 in my red car, because I do, but i average 1/2 that because i don't JUST drive on the highway :rofl: holy clubgp convo.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Hmmm a car that gets 30+ mpg, will be as fast or faster then a cobra and will handle winters just fine? Gtp all the way.
Cobras can get decent hwy mpg as well. And a mustang with snow tires is just as good in the snow. I did it and mook did fine in his Z :dunno: I'd actually rather have rwd in the snow.

Mook's had a wide spectrum of sports cars and I think a cobra would be a good next step, but this is just my opinion of course.

Plus a pulley, tune, and bolt-ons on a cobra > a gtp with the same mods.
:s00ls:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
But it does :dunno: even my blue car on E85 gets mid 20's when i'm on the highway cruising. I get fantastic gas mileage, but i don't go around telling people my ideal driving condition BEST mpg i've ever gotten as my average :picard: if that was the case I would tell everyone i get 35-36 in my red car, because I do, but i average 1/2 that because i don't JUST drive on the highway :rofl: holy clubgp convo.
On average then I got 26mpg daily. Zero highway

I currently get 28mpg average (zero highway) but obviously not in a gtp. That 4 speed auto kills it

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I think our cars get fantastic mpg, however, I just hate when someone asks "hey, what does your car get for mpg's" and the first answer is 30+ on the highway, of course it gets great highway mileage, but what about city? We all know they suck in normal stop and go realistic traffic, so why is that not mentioned? It's so CGP to say that, ya know? Realistically they get low 20's, not 30+, unless it's 100% highway driving.

And FWIW, i drove out to phatrides and back (about 100miles) all the way to hangover park to James' house, and all the way to a friends house, etc. Anyways, it was around 180miles of driving total in 1 day 80% of it was cruising at 55-60mph, even though it wasn't empty i filled the tank to see what I averaged... I got 24.6 on E85. BUT i normally average about 11-13mpg.. So me telling people I get 24.6 in IDEAL conditions would be true, but not a realistic answer. Yaknowwhatimsayin?

You guys are hilarious I am sorry I did not find the forum sooner.

When I initially bought it from Kevin I knew the car was pricey, and I realize that I am asking a slight premium for the car. However, anyone who sees the car especially in person finds it hard to argue the point of where else are you going to find a car that is this clean, this well built, and you can drive it everywhere for this price.

I really dont have to get rid of the car that is why I really have not been pushing the sale on either forum. I know that I would not be able to replace the car for the same price. I will be completely up front about the car to anyone who wants to know. I'll tell you what I paid for it, what I have put into it, and what I still think it may need.

People that know me will tell you how retarded I get over the smallest things wrong or not exactly perfect. Hell I just dropped 500 on the car this week. Every car I have ever owned 97SS, 03 Cobra, and the GP I spent hours attempting to make it perfect or real close. Why am trying to get rid of the damn thing I really have no idea. :dunno:

Especially when the day comes that I do get rid of it I will be in high gear to replace it with something else. I will probably have to sleep in the basement for a month but hey it will be worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info