brand new Yenko camaro's

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
If they do it correctly, assembly line style, purchasing parts with volume discounts, etc, they will be able to build a better overall quality vehicle cheaper than a restoration shop could, and quicker that's undeniable.

How are they making a better overall quality vehicle over anyone else? What techniques are they using that no one else knows about?

If they are using a repo body there is no way they are going to be better quality. You can do your own research as to the issues and problems with those things. Plenty to read online about that. lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How are they making a better overall quality vehicle over anyone else? What techniques are they using that no one else knows about?

If they are using a repo body there is no way they are going to be better quality. You can do your own research as to the issues and problems with those things. Plenty to read online about that. lol

quality is easier to come by when every single piece is brand new instead of a piecemeal-ed together quarter thrown on something. it's not like there is a hidden surplus of new OE camaro's waiting to be thrown into restoration shops :rofl:

brand new parts across the board.

plenty of aftermarket parts will fit better than new oe stuff, and then you aren't worried about original part gremlins.

do your own research on how assembly lines work :rofl:

also. nowhere did i say better overall quality.

i said better overall quality cheaper.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
So seeing as Don Yenko passed away long ago and there is no Yenko Chevrolet in Cannonsburg, PA anymore, what makes this a Yenko, other than some random guy (or Fox News) saying it is?

I'm am 100% certian these are not "original" 1968 Yenko Camaros. They are tributes, clones, recreations, or whatever, but they are not original.

My post was more aimed st your first section. It's not a random guy calling them Yenko, but the Yenko registry saying these will be. And that is what collectors care about.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My post was more aimed st your first section. It's not a random guy calling them Yenko, but the Yenko registry saying these will be. And that is what collectors care about.

collectors care about weird shit.

really typically no rhyme or reason across the board as to what one rich white guy cares about to the next :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
quality is easier to come by when every single piece is brand new instead of a piecemeal-ed together quarter thrown on something. it's not like there is a hidden surplus of new OE camaro's waiting to be thrown into restoration shops :rofl:

brand new parts across the board.

plenty of aftermarket parts will fit better than new oe stuff, and then you aren't worried about original part gremlins.

do your own research on how assembly lines work :rofl:

This post right here tells me you have no idea about repro parts and the repro body. :bowrofl:

Restorations on GM cars is my field. Especially the Camaro. There are many nice reproduction parts. Most are not better than original parts. Especially when it comes to the repro bodies. I know the guy that owned the shop that originally was building the repro bodies for Dynacorn on jigs. They gave up and told Dynacorn it was impossible to do it without the tweaks they required. Dynacorn them moved to another shop. That was short lived as well. They now are assembled in Taiwan and shipped over.

Like I said, I hope they sell a billion of them. Parts on those cars come from where I work. I'd love to see big numbers sold. haha

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This post right here tells me you have no idea about repro parts and the repro body. :bowrofl:

Restorations on GM cars is my field. Especially the Camaro. There are many nice reproduction parts. Most are not better than original parts. Especially when it comes to the repro bodies. I know the guy that owned the shop that originally was building the repro bodies for Dynacorn on jigs. They gave up and told Dynacorn it was impossible to do it without the tweaks they required. Dynacorn them moved to another shop. That was short lived as well. They now are assembled in Taiwan and shipped over.

Like I said, I hope they sell a billion of them. Parts on those cars come from where I work. I'd love to see big numbers sold. haha

right, i never worked in this field ever either :bowrofl:

k

i knew the guy who won this award and that award and did this and did that.

neat bro. you're missing the point. as usual :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

The Yenko registry is a group of guys who collect data. The license to use the Yenko name and make the cars comes from someone else.

sidenote, the guy who has the original Yenko records for most of that era came from him dumpster diving. hahahaha He charged a pretty penny to verify VIN number for guys back in the day.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego

Even with licensing, I still think they are bullshit. Just whoring out the name. Like the Nickey Camaros, Mr Norms Challengers, etc.

If they were built by the original people, or at the original shop, that would be something. These are like going to see you favorite old school rock band and finding none of the original members are there, but they licensed the name to a cover band. :hsughlol:

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I did fucking read it. And understand it very well.

The title to the article says "original" Yenkos. That's what I was commenting about. Nothing original about them. They are tributes.

If they are totally brand new bodies, I believe they need to meet modern emissions regulations or they need a 1968 VIN somehow. Someone back a few years found a few vintage '65 Shelby Cobra bodies, with '65 VINs and built those to '65 specs. That's not what is happening here.

There is a title loophole where you can get a vin for the car that the replica was meant to be, but you have to keep production very low.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info