• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Brake line leaking - Photos inside

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
no idea.

it started to come last year towards the end of the year last year and with house projects i had 0 desire to even look at it.

goes away with a little throttle... and sounds like most other guy's flex plate noises... but last night i was thinking that i have a feeling that it might be that the rear power log cracked and is making all sorts of ruckus. they are pretty well known for cracking right? my thought is that it cracked near a flange or something and the motor at low rpm's make it rattle like crazy... then with a little throttle it harmonizes

i hope.

mine did the same type of sound. was a cracked flexplate.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
While we are arguing about how to pull an engine, it is easiest to drop the whole front assembly including engine, trans. cradle, steering and front suspension and raise car body up on a lift.

Made putting TOG Extreme headers, new flex plate, and something else on my car a cake walk. Start to finish under 8 hours and I was hardly dirty except for my hands.
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] Why do you have the bag o rocks noise at idle?

That's because you have a lift.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
What shop is that? Guy close by quoted me $500+
I'll have to get mine done...

Velasquez Muffler & Brakes

One thing to note, they do not do fuel lines. If your fuel lines are anywhere near as bad as mine, they might brake if smacked with a tool. When they ran the long run of the lines to the rear, they did use a harness to keep the lines in place rather than removing the old lines and running them in the harness the stock lines sit in. Not a factory job, but the last thing I wanted is the guy to break the fuel line. If you are interested in having them routed exactly like OEM, you may want to stress that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info