• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Brake line leaking - Photos inside

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
It's easier to pull a 3800 out of a grand prix than pull a motor out of a Prelude. Very easy job to do. Why do you want to pull it out?

I might disagree on that, I've found all Honda pulls to be EXTREMELY easy, I had the motor out of my 95 civic out and on the ground within 3 hours start to finish with just hand tools and an engine crane.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Why do you want to pull it out?

So she doesn't get pregnant. :drums:

Seriously though, the lines suck to do. Just did em on my in laws Ranger, and I've done the Lemans as well. There's no way in hell you're going to get those loose without destroying them utterly nor are you flaring anything to them.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Prelude = Accord, Which is also easy to pull? Working on Honda's is like playing with Lincoln Logs. The Shifter would be the only thing that I wouldn't have experience with (Being Cable over Rod).

BRUH, I have forgotten more than you know about Hondas. You've pulled single cam pieces of shit. Pull an h22 out of a Prelude and LMK your knowledge on Hondas.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
At $400 that sounds like they're actually going to remove the old ones and replace them with new ones, the proper way. Definitely check it out though, $400 better not get some zip tied shit installation.

Yeah, I don't think that they're attaching much of anything to those lines.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Good to hear! That's what I thought would be the end result for the labor charges they quoted you. Keep old girl going. That's a good shop if they weren't afraid to show you the work they did, I'd keep them on the "go to" list for sure.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
While we are arguing about how to pull an engine, it is easiest to drop the whole front assembly including engine, trans. cradle, steering and front suspension and raise car body up on a lift.

Made putting TOG Extreme headers, new flex plate, and something else on my car a cake walk. Start to finish under 8 hours and I was hardly dirty except for my hands.
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] Why do you have the bag o rocks noise at idle?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
While we are arguing about how to pull an engine, it is easiest to drop the whole front assembly including engine, trans. cradle, steering and front suspension and raise car body up on a lift.

Made putting TOG Extreme headers, new flex plate, and something else on my car a cake walk. Start to finish under 8 hours and I was hardly dirty except for my hands.
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] Why do you have the bag o rocks noise at idle?

no idea.

it started to come last year towards the end of the year last year and with house projects i had 0 desire to even look at it.

goes away with a little throttle... and sounds like most other guy's flex plate noises... but last night i was thinking that i have a feeling that it might be that the rear power log cracked and is making all sorts of ruckus. they are pretty well known for cracking right? my thought is that it cracked near a flange or something and the motor at low rpm's make it rattle like crazy... then with a little throttle it harmonizes

i hope.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info