🏡 Better Homes Brag / Complain About a DIY Project Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
With two small kids that seem to eat tapas for every meal, I don’t have time to wash shit by hand. Just not worth it.

Just myself? I’ve done it. I owned a single bowl, plate, spoon and fork. Was an easy life :rofl:
You fool!!! You could have gotten a spork and reduced your inventory by 20%! ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
take out food wrappers and containers as plates, free utensils with orders, and when needed paper plates. No dishwashing ever.

Kidding but not kidding…

I recently had to reroute the dishwasher hose and replace the garbage disposal for leaks. Never had a garbage disposal leak, it had a weap hole like a waterpump.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Loving my hideit mounts. Easy install

94C31EDE-7112-4739-BE47-3F59CEB267F3.jpeg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I must be living under a rock because I just found out about them a month ago and immediately ordered it
I remember when I first found out about them. Immediately bought it and bought them for every console after that. Best decision. The mount I have for my ps5 has a piece that sticks out for a controller, however I use it for my headset and just have my controllers on the mantle in a dual charger.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So, power went out in the garage today for the outlets. Thinking it was the breaker (the contact had gotten hot) I swapped it out. Still nothing. I started metering things and via running an extension cord out to the garage there was not a hot or neutral. :wtf: After that, I'm thinking something happened with the line but I never smelled anything so I'm kind of surprised. Call an electrician, he asks what era the house is built in. I tell him it was the 90s. His reply was check the GFCIs. Sure as shit, there's one in the up stairs bathroom that runs the garage as well.

Building codes musta been fucking weird in that era. I think I'm going to alter this next year as I'm not especially fond of this idea at all quite bluntly by running a few circuits out to the garage.

I really want to do a sub panel, but need to figure out legalities and all that shit. Something I could run a future electric car, my welder, air compressor etc. off of. At least 30A 240V and probably 50-60A 240V.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, power went out in the garage today for the outlets. Thinking it was the breaker (the contact had gotten hot) I swapped it out. Still nothing. I started metering things and via running an extension cord out to the garage there was not a hot or neutral. :wtf: After that, I'm thinking something happened with the line but I never smelled anything so I'm kind of surprised. Call an electrician, he asks what era the house is built in. I tell him it was the 90s. His reply was check the GFCIs. Sure as shit, there's one in the up stairs bathroom that runs the garage as well.

Building codes musta been fucking weird in that era. I think I'm going to alter this next year as I'm not especially fond of this idea at all quite bluntly by running a few circuits out to the garage.

I really want to do a sub panel, but need to figure out legalities and all that shit. Something I could run a future electric car, my welder, air compressor etc. off of. At least 30A 240V and probably 50-60A 240V.
Can't believe they tied the bathroom circuit GFCI in with the garage :ROFLMAO: Oh shit, wait, I can. My "powder room" is next to my garage, so those are on the same circuit. But those two areas combined only have two duplex outlets (one duplex in bathroom, one duplex in garage). Thinking about it, would hate for someone to trip the GFCI then not be able to open the garage door from outside.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Can't believe they tied the bathroom circuit GFCI in with the garage :ROFLMAO: Oh shit, wait, I can. My "powder room" is next to my garage, so those are on the same circuit. But those two areas combined only have two duplex outlets (one duplex in bathroom, one duplex in garage). Thinking about it, would hate for someone to trip the GFCI then not be able to open the garage door from outside.

The lights and door are separated. No need for gfi there

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
My 1980's house has the same shit. Garage and powder room are together. Upstairs bathroom on one side of the house had a loose wire which was why my wife's walk in closet (on the other end of the house) had no power for it's light. I ran a new 20amp circuit when we redid that bathroom and will have to do the same for our master bathroom to meet code.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
House is built in the 30’s, electric was redone at least once since then as I have conduit and no knob and tube. I don’t even try to figure out my electric. It works, I don’t question it. Originally had a boiler and radiators but has been upgraded to hvac, still have a coal chute on the side of the house though. I have neighbors with boilers and 2 prong outlets throughout their entire house.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Do you do anything after the first pour? Like any kind of sanding to smooth it out? Second application? I'm also a complete noob when it comes to that.
The first first coat was to seal some of the knots. After this coat we’ll probably scuff it with some 400 grit and re-apply.

I bought a laminate counter top for the cabinets behind the bar but now I’m building the counter out of the same red rood and epoxy to match the bar.

Thread Info