🏡 Better Homes Brag / Complain About a DIY Project Thread

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I normally agree with that, then I see some yards that look like Sanford & Son and wish I was in one.

Yea that whole junk yards and busted mailboxes kinda blows the house values down. And don’t forget I hate going to unincorporated areas they have no lights or sidewalks that shit is dark at night.

Reactions: FESTER665

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Stock:

20191002_175948_1.jpg

Modified:

20191002_175848_1.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
welcome to my shed talk. 2019.

so, last night got around to tearing down my shed- figured out where the rot situation came from.

typical previous owner bandaid bullshit we read about in here too often.

all of the siding on the east side of it (north side of my house as well, never sees sun) started rotting from the bottom...

welp. how should you repair this? ah, glad you asked... throw a piece of siding RIGHT THE FUCK OVER the rotting out area.

fuckers. so the rot continued to well, do what rot does, and rot... and just fucked the thing.

soooo.. yeah. tore the shingles off last night, then the plywood then karate chopped the thing down.

have to clean up the aftermath... this whole ~3 ish hours of daylight when i get off is brutal for getting shit done.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
welcome to my shed talk. 2019.

so, last night got around to tearing down my shed- figured out where the rot situation came from.

typical previous owner bandaid bullshit we read about in here too often.

all of the siding on the east side of it (north side of my house as well, never sees sun) started rotting from the bottom...

welp. how should you repair this? ah, glad you asked... throw a piece of siding RIGHT THE FUCK OVER the rotting out area.

fuckers. so the rot continued to well, do what rot does, and rot... and just fucked the thing.

soooo.. yeah. tore the shingles off last night, then the plywood then karate chopped the thing down.

have to clean up the aftermath... this whole ~3 ish hours of daylight when i get off is brutal for getting shit done.

I literally just hacked my old one into big chunks with a sawzall demo blade... Fucking thing came apart so easy. Like yours it was rotted out and always a spider infestation. Drove me nuts.

Seriously so glad I rebuilt it the way I did. Sealed up nicely, insulated, etc. I really need to finish getting power pulled out to it, but other than that it's perfect. Only wish I could have either made it bigger or had the money to make it a 2.5 car garage instead.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well I’m about 95% done with my kitchen. Did the kitchen 18yrs ago when we first bought the house, so it was time again. Ripped the soffit out to go with 42” high uppers. Fixed the fucked up electric that was coming out of the soffit and wall. Ripped drywall out where the old tile backslash was. Painted the entire kitchen. All new black stainless appliances. Brand new vinyl floor. Still undecided on tile for backsplash so it’s painted for now. Only thing left is baseboard and shoe, trim around window and install new ceiling fan. My Dad and I did everything, except electric, my Wife’s cousin did that. Pics to follow, they are on my phone

Thread Info