Mar 27, 2008
18 hours of building….but it’s done

E544A5B6-CE19-4D8C-BAF6-D3A48A78F5F2.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
A lot of help, but a lot of it was wasted by (move it here, we need to do this first, we should level this…) I was like let’s just build it hahah
I pre built as much as I could in my garage, then my Dad and I got everything installed except the roof. The following day my brother, my dad and myself did the roof. A 4th guy woulda made the roof a lot easier. What did you use to anchor it into the concrete?

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I pre built as much as I could in my garage, then my Dad and I got everything installed except the roof. The following day my brother, my dad and myself did the roof. A 4th guy woulda made the roof a lot easier. What did you use to anchor it into the concrete?
I haven’t anchored it yet, but going to do some tap cons etc…

My neighbor has one and it’s been installed for 3 years and he never anchored it…. So we will sww

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I haven’t anchored it yet, but going to do some tap cons etc…

My neighbor has one and it’s been installed for 3 years and he never anchored it…. So we will sww
I used 3/8” x 4” wedge anchors, one on each side of each post.
Your neighbor has some balls lol. Looks good bro, you guys will enjoy it.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I used 3/8” x 4” wedge anchors, one on each side of each post.
Your neighbor has some balls lol. Looks good bro, you guys will enjoy it.

Big balls I anchored mine down with 3/8 anchors also and my neighbor has told me that a few times he thought my gazebo was going to fly away, but the anchors have worked well.

giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Decided to finally treat myself with a nice-ish newer computer desk. I’ve had this aluminum/glass desk literally since I was… 14-15 when I built my first gaming computer.

View attachment 157748

Apparently I really like cherry finish because we keep buying cherry furniture. Ended up completely rewiring my network layout AGAIN but think this is the final layout before we gut the basement. :rofl: no idea when that’s happening. Couple years maybe while we pay the house off and decide what we want to do with the house, entirely. Anyway, have my work and home network drops on the right wall of this picture, drop ceiling is so nice for hiding and finishing.

View attachment 157749

Got the TV hung and realized there was no power on that wall, period. Ended up cutting the line that went to the mechanicals and T’d off to beneath the TV through the unfinished half in the mech room. Then the fiber modem in the top dead center, realized
I had no power up there. :rofl: So I ran another line from the outlet I JUST added, up through the wall, into the drop ceiling and over, close to the modem. Megan’s dad is going to be taking the pool table the PO left but I have no way to get it upstairs alone and it’ll be interesting when he picks it up and heads home, how the hell he’s going to get it unloaded.

View attachment 157750

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
$1599 is cheap af for that IMO.
We always bought those cheaper ones that cost a few hundred and they never ever lasted more than a few years. 4yrs ago we bit the bullet and bought that one and its been awesome. After year 2, I power washed it and thru a coat of Thompsons or similar on it to protect it, might have to do it again this year.
Mine actually wound up being free. We got a nasty hail storm like a month after we installed it. Looks like someone hit the roof with 500 golf balls. The house had over $35k in damage and they covered the gazebo 100% being it was brand new.

• Love
Reactions: Jon01

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Decided to finally treat myself with a nice-ish newer computer desk. I’ve had this aluminum/glass desk literally since I was… 14-15 when I built my first gaming computer.

View attachment 157748

Apparently I really like cherry finish because we keep buying cherry furniture. Ended up completely rewiring my network layout AGAIN but think this is the final layout before we gut the basement. :rofl: no idea when that’s happening. Couple years maybe while we pay the house off and decide what we want to do with the house, entirely. Anyway, have my work and home network drops on the right wall of this picture, drop ceiling is so nice for hiding and finishing.

View attachment 157749

Got the TV hung and realized there was no power on that wall, period. Ended up cutting the line that went to the mechanicals and T’d off to beneath the TV through the unfinished half in the mech room. Then the fiber modem in the top dead center, realized
I had no power up there. :rofl: So I ran another line from the outlet I JUST added, up through the wall, into the drop ceiling and over, close to the modem. Megan’s dad is going to be taking the pool table the PO left but I have no way to get it upstairs alone and it’ll be interesting when he picks it up and heads home, how the hell he’s going to get it unloaded.

View attachment 157750
Should have asked, I throw away nice desks all the time

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Thread Info