🏡 Better Homes Brag / Complain About a DIY Project Thread

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
So the dining room table I originally had in my dining room before I made a new table became my next small project. Instead of buying a desk, I ripped the table at 2ft and mounted it to the wall in my bedroom. Just ordered a couple grommets and a circular hole saw to have clean cables. I also mounted a 4ft long power strip under the desk. At a future date, I will repaint the desk, get new monitors, and possibly a side stand for some papers or whatever plus hide the TV power cord.

20221122_151338.jpg20221123_140012.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Joel spit on it.
Lol all we need is dr Jimbo to tell me how he’s never had an issue or something.

This is the original valve. It’s a solenoid that opens a valve to allow water to go into the dishwasher. Dude wants me to fucking port and polish the new one? Wtf

China trash was $20 and showed up next day. When you use your dishwasher 1-2 times a day you can’t be down that long. An oem one (original was from Mexico) is $60 but has to be ordered from some boomer site that’ll take 2 weeks or they’ll call me to tell me they don’t have any but Jerry might have one in his shed.

Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo

FA491385-D335-488C-AD35-F7A4643C3A0A.jpeg

C4CDE7C4-FE5C-4A23-9F3B-FE399DC05C49.png

• Haha
  • It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: Yaj Yak and DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Lol all we need is dr Jimbo to tell me how he’s never had an issue or something.

This is the original valve. It’s a solenoid that opens a valve to allow water to go into the dishwasher. Dude wants me to fucking port and polish the new one? Wtf

China trash was $20 and showed up next day. When you use your dishwasher 1-2 times a day you can’t be down that long. An oem one (original was from Mexico) is $60 but has to be ordered from some boomer site that’ll take 2 weeks or they’ll call me to tell me they don’t have any but Jerry might have one in his shed.

View attachment 141226

View attachment 141227
Tell me about it.

I needed the mixing valve for my bathtub. NOWHERE online except a tiny little rinkadink website. Had to like manually scroll through his parts listing. Fucker had it though.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
When you use your dishwasher 1-2 times a day you can’t be down that long.
I bet most “I watch YouTube” diyers would just buy a new appliance.

If it would of taken more than 2 days to get the part I absolutely would have bought a new dishwasher though :rofl:
I installed my dishwasher about three years ago. It's been run twice since then. Once to make sure it worked after install, then again about a year ago, to make sure it still worked :LOL:

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

View attachment 141226

View attachment 141227
Nah, clowns put a new one in before we bought it, but the discharge corrugated tubing was pushed through too small of a hole that wore through and leaked everywhere. I put a new one on and opened up the hole more. Alas, some lube should do for your valve :s00ls:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I installed my dishwasher about three years ago. It's been run twice since then. Once to make sure it worked after install, then again about a year ago, to make sure it still worked :LOL:
I mean…. Do you not eat or drink at all? How is this even possible?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Do them by hand. My Wife probably does dishes by hand 5 days out of the week.
Why? Besides being more time consuming and less hygienic, doing dishes by hand uses a shit ton more water. There’s literally no advantage to doing them by hand

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I mean…. Do you not eat or drink at all? How is this even possible?

Do them by hand. My Wife probably does dishes by hand 5 days out of the week.
? this right here. Wash them by hand and it's usually just dishes from me, so only takes a few minutes. If I'm feeling lazy and have a bowl of cereal it takes about 15 seconds.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Why? Besides being more time consuming and less hygienic, doing dishes by hand uses a shit ton more water. There’s literally no advantage to doing them by hand
Which condescending opinion do you give to households that don't have a dishwasher? My mom doesn't have one. Should I tell her that you think she's not hygienic?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Which condescending opinion do you give to households that don't have a dishwasher? My mom doesn't have one. Should I tell her that you think she's not hygienic?
Her and I never had one until maybe 15yrs ago. People used to ask why we didn’t have a dishwasher. I would reply, I married one lol.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
My parents don’t either, and they just redid their kitchen.

So what do you keep in there? Books?

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info