🏡 Better Homes Brag / Complain About a DIY Project Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Don’t know how to wire anything but an outlet. I’d take that over some twisted together with a single piece of electrical tape folded over it. Or the boat I bought from Yaj Yak Yaj Yak that was wired entirely with green extension cord that way.
Best part is that bro I bought it from was a legit union electrician with stickers all over his ride announcing his loyalty

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Removed a large section of railing and built out / replaced with steps for my deck.

For next weekend, thinking about replacing the remaining railings.

Following weekend, take a large area next to the deck and install a paver patio area for the grill.

September will entail replacing the kids play set with a rock / boarder area with trees / bushes and possibly get rid of the trampoline in another area and build out a fire pit area.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Removed a large section of railing and built out / replaced with steps for my deck.

For next weekend, thinking about replacing the remaining railings.

Following weekend, take a large area next to the deck and install a paver patio area for the grill.

September will entail replacing the kids play set with a rock / boarder area with trees / bushes and possibly get rid of the trampoline in another area and build out a fire pit area.
identity baller GIF by Trulioo

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Been replacing virtually everything in this house. The PO put fucking 5000K lights in every boomer light fixture. Looked like it was daylight inside the house everywhere. Every boomer glass domed light fixture has been replace with flush mount LED lights with either 2300K (bedrooms) or 3000K lights (hallways, mud room, etc), depending on where they are.

Replaced every wooden fan with the silly boomer cross-thatched linen middle with nice brushed nickel/black fans for the common rooms. Oiled bronze fans for the bedrooms.

The exterior door was like… cut to fit this oddly shaped 30x74 door frame. Going to rip that out and put a proper 30x80 eventually. It also didn’t have stop finish on it so you can over extend the hinge into the house.

The chick’s ex-husband was an electrician. What a fucking joker this guy was. I do better electrical work than some of the dumb shit I’ve replaced/fixed by him.

Just absolutely mindbendingly stupid, easy shit. The doors don’t seal properly because the top hinge is sagging. Literally 30 seconds of work to fix shit like that.

Thread Info